Monday, May 18, 2009

NICU Reunion 2009



One of the events in the year that I really look forward to most is the NICU Reunion. It is such a wonderful chance to see the nurses and doctors that helped us through such a hard time, and not only thank them for what they have done, but show Hazen's prognosis and how big and strong he's becoming. It's also so truly humbling to see some of the other babies that were there at the same time as Hazen, and, in some cases, see how prematuraty has affected them. Another bonus? Cotton Candy, and lots of it.

This year? The reunion was a total let down. I am still so disappointed, I can't completely explain it. There were maybe 4 nurses total there, none of which ever had Hazen in their care. Considering the fact that we were there for over 2 months, this is a big deal! When I am a nurse, I will go out of my way to make sure that I am at the reunion to support the families. None of the doctors he had were there, and Charlene, his NNP, had a family obligation, so she couldn't come. What a bummer!! Needless to say, Hazen was cute, I was cute, and I got my Cotton Candy.



0 comments: