Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Anniversary!




Jason and I had our 3rd Anniversary a few weeks ago. We didn't do much to celebrate the day of, as being a full-time student really puts a damper on one's social plans. However, we decided to celebrate in style on Saturday! My mom and dad were nice enough to watch Hazen while Jason and I went to dinner. We went to one of our favorite restaurants, The Melting Pot. We get to go to the Melting Pot about once a year. It's one of those SUPER expensive places, but it's always such a fun, relaxing dining experience. We had the "Big Night Out", which gave us a delicious cheese fondue, a salad, a meat fondue, and a dessert fondue. By the time we were done, we were both stuffed! Jason was really sweet and had some Sparkling cider waiting for us at our table.




After our meal was done, it was my turn for the surprise! Jason thought that we were going to be going back home after dinner was done, but my parents had agreed to watch Hazen overnight! I pricelined a room at the Little America. As we went to check in, the woman at the front desk asked us if we would like to "upgrade to a room in the tower with a King bed for $20". That stopped me in my tracks. Hold the phone! What kind of bed did we already have? Once we were informed that we were booked in a room with two Queens (Happy Anniversary), we didn't skip a beat before making the upgrade. We were sure glad we did!

I was so pleasantly surprised at the size and how nice the hotel was! While the color scheme reminded me of a room in my Grandma's old house, it was still really nice! We Pay-per-viewed "Fireproof", which was a great movie about marriage and keeping it strong to watch for our anniversary. It was so nice laying in bed and reading and not having ANYTHING to do. I can't do that at home, because I'm always too worried about the studying that should be getting done, or Hazen wants to play or dominate the TV channel!





The next morning, we woke up, albeit earlier than we would have liked, and made our way over to the Tabernacle. I love the Mormon Tabernacle Choir- listening to them brings me such joy and peace. The way that they understand music is something that never will get old for me to listen to. After the Mo-Tab, we went over to the Grand America for Brunch. It was delicious! I'll still take the Paris Buffet any day, but we still really enjoyed our meal. After brunch, it was time to go home and pick up our baby.

We had such a great time celebrating our Anniversary- I can't wait for next year!



4 comments:

Marc and Lori Johnson said...

What a fun way to celebrate your aniversary! I am glad that you guys did something special and out of the ordinary daily routine. Happy Anniversary! Even if I am a little bit late in wishing it!

Amanda Fetters said...

Awwwwesommmme!! What a fun way to celebrate.

Wendy said...

Wow that looks like it was so much fun!! Congrats you guys!

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time.