Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What the?!?!




Can anyone let me know when Hazen went from being a little itty bitty baby to a full on big boy? Hazen has grown up so much in the past few weeks- I can hardly believe it! We were noticing that mealtimes were getting harder and harder, and he seemed to get increasingly upset when we would put him in his high chair. We decided to go crazy and buy him a booster seat so he could sit at the table with Mommy and Daddy when we eat. It is incredible how much more excited he is to eat, but also how BIG he looks when he's sitting at the table! I love making sammies for lunch and sitting at the table with my little buddy. He's talkative, he thinks the whole thing is hilarious, and we have a great time enjoying our meal together.

Even more since Boston has arrived, I'm realizing what a big boy I have. I am loving this stage more and more as his personality develops. He has such a strong, funny little personality, but he's still so sweet and sensitive. It warms my heart when I'm studying in the bedroom and I hear him come to our door, knock and ask for me. Sometimes he'll sit there patiently, knocking every few minutes until I come out and play with him. It's times like that when I'm more than willing to stay up a little later that night and catch up on the studying that I missed while playing with my little angel.

Hazen is talking so much more lately! It really blows my mind. He has yet to string words together, which is next in line developmentally for him, but his vocabulary has really exploded. He's recently started answering questions, which is hilarious. "Hazen, do you want a cracker? Hazen are you having fun?" "Yeah!"


When we whip out the summer clothes each year, I am shocked at how much older it makes Hazen look! He has a pair of flip flops this year, and I can already tell that we are going to get our money's worth out of them! He walks around like he's wearing swimming flippers; but by the end of the summer, he'll be a pro!

1 comments:

Grandma Turtle said...

It doesn't look like Jason even has to bend down anymore to hold Hazen's little hand......