Saturday, April 11, 2009

MIDTERMS!!!


I've been stressing about my Midterms since before I started school. Ok, maybe not that long, but pretty much for weeks now. As many know, I'm in Anatomy and Physiology, which is, by far, the hardest, most arduous, scary, and time consuming class I've ever thought about taking. We have weekly quizzes, which I make myself sick over each Sunday night, but then tend to do really well on. I should learn not to stress. Can you teach my body that???

Well, I had my math midterm on Monday, and I got a 94%, which I'm pleased with. Other than that, Amanda and I have been studying EVERY DAY for the past week and a half in preparations for the 16 chapter Anatomy and Physiology Midterm. We're talking over 600 pages of textbook, HOURS of studying, lecture, and notes.

I showed up today, after hardly any sleep. I kept on waking up, shaking Jason, and asking questions like, "Wait! Which one's front, which one's back? Anterior or Posterior? I CAN'T REMEMBER!!!" In my head, "HEAVEN HELP ME, WHERE IS THE ETHMOID?????" or "Vagus nerve..........whatever you do, DON'T FORGET about the Vagus Nerve and that gosh darn Medula Oblagata." I try not to freak myself out, and the amount of prayers I'm offering up is possibly considered ridiculous, but this is SO important to me, and I'm working so hard.

Well, after the hardest test in America.....I got a 92% on the exam!!! I am so happy! It feels so good to see the fruits of your labor pay off!! Afterwards, we went to Micah and Nate's house to play some rockband to blow off steam. I'm so grateful for the wonderful friend's I've made in school thus far. We've got a long road ahead of us, but I'm looking forward to taking the trek with such wonderful people!



6 comments:

Natasha Ireland said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I would be sooo nervous for my quizzes for anat and phys. and do fine. I think your a rock star for doing sooo well on your final. way to go girly. You deserved that A

Amanda Fetters said...

Rock on, woman!! I hope you get some good sleep soon...

Jessica said...

So amazed at you! Good job on your stuff!

heidiram said...

Awesome! Do you have to take kinesiology as well because that just really stinks. I don't know what I'm worse at . . . anatomy, physiology or kinesiology. While it's still fresh in your mind, might as well get your group fitness exercise certification.

Kirsten Krason said...

I am soooo proud of you!!! That is the best feeling. Good job!

Ashley Clark said...

Congrats! You deserve it.