Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Boston Kai Robison







On Friday morning, I woke up, bright-eyed and bushy tailed at 6am. This is an amazing feat. I NEVER wake up naturally that early, and if I am awake at that hour, I'm hating life. I randomly got on the computer, and saw that Brown Jason had updated his Facebook saying that Aubrey was in the hospital, and that they possibly were going to admit her! My excitement sky-rocketed, and I got in the shower, so I could be ready for the day- whatever it was going to bring!



I went to class, and could hardly pay attention; I was so excited! I texted Aubrey frequently throughout the class, checking up on her progress, and begging her to hold off until I was at least done with school! Luckily, Boston listened. After school, I went to Beyond Glaze (yes, they know me by name now, it's slightly embarrassing) to pick up some celebratory doughnuts for the Mama. I rushed off to the hospital, still thrilled and excited for the birth of little Boston!

Once I got to the hospital, there was a lot of waiting. I guess that's what you do with babies, but I had no problem sitting in the corner and studying, allowing Aubrey to nap when she could. Aubrey had an Epidural, which was keeping her relatively comfortable. (Mind you, my version of the birth will be MUCH less in-depth than hers!) It took her a pretty long time to dialate to a 5, but once she did, Boston was MOVING! We gave Aubrey and Jason some time together, as we waited outside, and once she was ready to push, Sam and I went back into the delivery room.


I was on video camera duty. No, I didn't video tape it ALL, but I was standing right by the Dr getting everything that I could (modestly) capture. This was the first birth that I've been present for, and I was a MESS! It was so amazing, and Aubrey was so strong and incredible, and it was such an emotionally intense experience. I am so grateful that Aubrey invited me to be there- it's certainly an experience I'll never forget.

Boston is darling! He was born at 6lbs 9 oz and 18 inches long. He has tons of DARK hair! He looks just like Jason from the nose up, and Aubrey from the lips down. I love him already, and am so glad that we have a new member to our little "family".


8 comments:

Nortorious said...

Congratulations!
I'm a stranger, but I feel the baby love all the way out in California.

Amanda Fetters said...

Awwww sweetness!

Grandma Turtle said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE new babies. Hope you don't mind if I enjoyed reading the funness of this entry, even though I don't know the Robisons. I'd sure like to hold a baby right now!

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

Anne...I just wanted to thank you for finding this place. although i haven't been there yet, i know that when i go i will be in love as well. i have the same doughnut passion and can't wait to make the frequent trip as that is the freeway exit we take everytime we go home...this could be bad

Kirsten Krason said...

AHHHHHHH I am so excited!!!! I can't wait to talk to her about it. That is so great. He is adorable.

queenieweenie said...

congratulations cute girl i've never met!!! boston is ADORABLE.

those donuts look yummy...I want some when we go to WC.

Diana said...

Congratulations to the awesome neighbor/best friend family of my cousin and his wife! :D When I have my baby (in September) will you bring me doughnuts? :D

Alli said...

what a cute name! Boston. I like that. I also love that you remembered to take a picture of those amazing donuts. I want to donut place like that!! they look sooo good. The last time I saw my sister give birth I fainted after. It is the coolest thing ever! (seeing a baby be born - not fainting)