Friday, April 10, 2009

My Silly Hazen



Just so Hazen knows that he still has a mom who loves him and wants to remember everything about him, I figure it's about time we do one of "those" posts. Hazen just turned 20 months old a few days ago. I can't believe it that before I know it, I'm going to have a 2 year old! I can't say enough how well he's adjusting to Mama being in school. He's a delight, he's a joy, and his babysitters all seem to really love him. This adjustment has also translated to church, and he'll now go to both hours of nursery with hardly a tear. He always greets me with a smile, hug, and a kiss when I get home, and tends to be a little more snuggly right after, but how could I complain about that?? Hazen is ok with me studying, as long as he can sit on the bed or on my lap at the kitchen table while I do. For this reason- I do a LOT of studying when he's asleep!


Hazen has been talking up a STORM! He has yet to string more than one word together, which I'm trying to encourage as much as possible; "Please Mommy", for example, but it's been so fun watching his influx of words. He'll say the Alphabet, A through E. We've made some cards to try to get him to recognize the letters as well, but we're not being too intense about that. He'll mimic most words, and is starting to do a really good job with word association. He's still not super physical, as in, he just learned to climb onto the couch last week. I'm ok with that. I secretly think he's just a little bit lazy. My favorite thing that he does is when I encourage him to come with me somewhere, he'll look up, and take my hand. It melts my heart.
Hazen likes having his teeth brushed, likes to floss, loves chapstick, is OBSESSED with the Backyardigans and Little Einsteins. He's very much into cheese these days, and LOVES getting his shoes and socks for Mom so we can go places. Hazen has learned the power of the remote control, and will bring it to me, so I can rewind commercials and shows he really likes. It's hilarious and super irritating all at once. Hazen is the golden boy, and I love him. I'm not sure which direction to go with his "Dennis the Menace" hair, so any suggestions are more than welcome. I can't explain how many times a day I'm overwhelmed with gratitude for my little boy. He's the center of our lives, and we love him so much!

2 comments:

Ashley Clark said...

I chose to blow up all of the pictures you posted just so I could appreciate his cuteness. He never fails in that department. :)

Nortorious said...

I like the Dennis the Menace hair. I think you should grow it out to see if it its down by itself.