Sunday, April 19, 2009

Go and Do: The Sweets Edition


If you know me, you know that good food brings me more joy than I can truly express. Something you might not know, is that I subscribe to about 4 billion food blogs. There are a ton of places that review little restaurants or bakeries in the area, and so often, I bookmark some of the truly spectacular places. A few weeks ago, I was reading my friend, Wendy's blog, and she blogged about a new little bakery in Provo, called "The Sweet Tooth Fairy". I was intrigued. I love me some cupcakes, and apparently, this place had some cupcakes that we to die for. I went, and I wasn't disappointed! While it killed my soul a little bit to pay $3 for a cupcake, they were beautiful and delicious. We tried Smores, Peanut Butter, Strawberry Shortcake, and Lemon. I wouldn't get the Smores or Peanut Butter flavors again, but I would definitely go back for the Lemon. It was very lemony, but very delicious. I also just love eating things that are so pretty!



However, I've found a new place that was built just for me. I've worked out 5 times in this past week SOLELY to support my never ending desire to enter the threshold of my new favorite place; Beyond Glaze. I am, to put it mildly, a doughnut whore. I will NOT say no to a doughnut. I don't know when it happened, all I know, is that I will eat myself sick on doughnuts, and not feel bad about it. I don't do this too often, because I'd prefer not to be obese, however, every now and again, I just can't stop. I read about Beyond Glaze a week ago, and immediately fell in love. The doughnuts. The FLAVORS! IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. I nearly cried at the thought of such a place so near to me. IF ONLY I could find the time to try it out.....

Then I looked at the address. 123 S. Do you people know where my school is? 123 S. I go to school across the street from my own personal heaven. I went on Tuesday after my Lifespan Midterm. I ordered a Caramel Apple doughnut, and took home Key Lime, Blueberry, Mango Raspberry, Chocolate Ganache, Pumpkin Chocolate and Smores to share with the Robisons later. As I took my first bite, I couldn't help but close my eyes. A slow smile spread across my face, and a moan of surprise and utter delight escaped my mouth. It was, without doubt, the most amazing doughnut I've ever tasted. At that moment, all my stress, exhaustion, worry left me, and all I could do was look at the owner and try not to kiss him on the mouth. "Thank you, kind sir, for capturing a little bit of heaven on a glazed doughnut".

Since Tuesday, I've been there 3 times. Each time, I bring new people. These people all agree that Beyond Glazed is Beyond Amazing. The owner knows me, and I might finish nursing school weighing 400 lbs now. But for a little bit of Mango Raspberry ectasy? Totally worth it.

11 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

I am a not a big doughnut person but from your wonderful description I might just have to check this place out!

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

Any doughnut would do, until I had a Krispy Kreme doughnut. Having enjoyed the fresh deliciousness, I thought I would never be able to eat a grocery store doughnut again. But to my joy, I discovered that if I pop one into the microwave for at least 10 seconds warm tastiness was achieved, and yumminess abounded once again.

Anywho. I'll have to make a trip to Beyond Glaze. Yum! I'm drooling.

D and J Larson said...

go back to sweet tooth fairy and try their cake bites. they are to die for and i crave them all the time. i wish i knew how in the world she makes them...

Annalee and Buck said...

Ok you've convinced me and now I'm craving one like a pregnant woman. :)

LinnieBell said...

I saw Beyond Glaze on yourheartout the other day and wanted to make a trip up there...I've only heard amazing things about it!

It seems like cute bakeries have been opening up everywhere lately! Have you been to Tulie Bakery in Salt Lake? It looks super cute and it's on my must-go-to places this spring/summer!

Wendy said...

Those doughnuts look SO good! I can't wait to go try them out!!
I agree, Sweet Tooth Fairy is a little pricey. It works though because it keeps me from buying/eating too many!!

weeze or Alissa said...

Ei Yie Yie! That store does sound like heaven! I'm a sucker for a maple bar, but a really good one, ya know!
So, how the school going? I'm staring in Aug. at SLCC in surg. tech. Are you doing nursing? Hows the program at your school?

Paige said...

We have one that just opened somewhat close to our house (10 minute drive...right by the freeway) & every time I pass it I REALLY want to stop...maybe today will be the day!

queenieweenie said...

yum, yum, yum!

Kimberly said...

Wow sounds like a great place! I'll have to try it. Thanks for the rec. ;)

Sarah said...

I am absolutely jealous. We do not have one single donut shop where I live. No cupcakery. Not even a bagel shop.


Do they ship?