Sunday, October 28, 2007

Shout out to the Sista!






(Writers Note: I fully realize that there really aren't any pictures featuring solely Heather. Please forgive me. She is pretty hot though.)

As you know, Heather, The Mother of Geese, won the contest guessing how much HAL cost. I promise, once again that this contest was not fixed, but, it is pretty fun to be able to write a post why I like Heather. I could probably go on for hours, but I've narrowed it down to 5.

1. Heather is really funny. Like the type of funny that you cry because you're laughing so hard. She is rarely funny purely at the expense of other people, but she isn't so uptight that she'll judge you if you are. Once, when Heather was pregnant with Max, we were watching Amelia do something silly, and Heather started laughing so hard that she peed her pants ALL over her family room floor. In fact, so much pee came out that she thought her water broke and went to the hospital. Nope. Just pee. So, maybe that was really MiaMia being funny, but Heather peed a lot, so that made her funny, too.

2. Heather is really pretty. She has a GORGEOUS smile, and her hair is FANTASTIC right how. She also has nice skin and pretty freckles. She may say she's a big booty mama, but I think she's smokin' hot. She is. And, she doesn't have saggy boobs after boobfeeding 3 kids. That's pretty impressive.

3. Heather is super creative. You name it, she does it. Whether it be creative ideas for parties, i.e (Season 2 season finale of So You Think You Can Dance, she had a party, and served Benji Burritos, served with Travis Tortillas, or something like that) Last week, when Brad went to London, she extreme home makeovered her house, and did all sorts of fun things that, in turn made me want to do all sorts of fun things to my house.

4. Heather is a really really really good cook. I feel like every time I go to her house, I'm eating her food. That's because she always has good food to eat. I always call her when I'm needing help making new things, because she knows how to do it. We went to Costco the other day, and she was feeling slightly guilty because she had fed her kids pizza two days in a row. I assured her that they probably will be ok, because they have healthy, delicious food the other 99.9% of the time.

5. Heather is an incredible mother. She rocks. Even God thinks so too. Her kids are so much fun, and are great to be around. They are REALLY good and non-picky eaters, which makes me like them even more! Heather bakes Abbie cookies every Tuesday/Wednesday, so she has fresh cookies to have after school. If there isn't a cookie, there's another type of snack. She gives my baby (Hal-a-licious) lots of hugs and kisses, and always knows what to do. In fact, she's such a good mom that the Church Educational System wanted to have her for 4 hours/week, and she teaches Seminary to handicapped kids, and they all love her too!

Lastly...oh wait, I know I'm only supposed to do 5...but Heather is a good friend. Now that I live down the street from her, I can't EVER imagine living further than 15 minutes away. She's my best friend, and has never treated me like the "pesky younger sister", despite our 9 1/2 year age difference. Heather is the cooler version of me, so if you know me, but don't know Heath, just imagine someone even better, and voila! There you have it.

Let's hear it for Heather!

11 comments:

Heather said...

Aww Shucks!



Holla.

Unknown said...

We love Heather too!!

Hazen5 said...

You go girl!!! We love Heather too. I am soooooo lucky to be married to Heather's brother! She really rubbed off on him. When these to get together, everyone is peeing their pants. Better get the mop out for Thanksgiving. They always try to one up each other.

Marisa said...

Agreed on all of the above.

Paige said...

OK, now I love her a lot and it ain't even her birthday. I love all the pictures of you guys. And I'm sure she's thrilled that you told the pee your pants story. When I water broke with the twins I wouldn't go to the hospital because I just figured I'd peed the bed. That's why poor Fifi was born in the hall at the hospital.

Celia Fae said...

I want to move to your town and be BFF with all of you girls and eat Heather's food and hold baby Hal. Okay? Thanks.

mamasuisse said...

Love the pee story! Heather is probably the only Hazen sister who remembers me from Danville (your mom might remember me, too). She'll be happy to know that I used to pee every time I puked - every day for 9 months. I finally learned to stand in the shower while I puked in the toilet.

paige said...

Hey, I know all of this is supposed to be about Heather, but that first picture of you at the wedding is gorgeous! ...as always of course, but really. Mega gorgeous. :) All you girls are beautiful, but it just struck me that I don't think I have ever seen all your wedding pictures!

Ali said...

Anne,
Your last comment on my blog had me laughing hard. I bet your brilliant sister Heather would be happy to tell you what the word conceive means. Because heaven knows, that although I've done that word twice, I can't help but blush!

Ashley Clark said...

I second everything you just said, and especially got a kick out of the pee story!

Ellie said...

Now I love Heather too. And I also feel inadequate.