Friday, October 12, 2007

Operation: Rockin' Hot Mama





*The pictures are of the Boy and I after a walk, and the Pizza I made this week. (Proscuitto, Fresh Mozerrella and Olives on a homemade Sundried Tomato and Garlic sauce and a homemade dough. Yum!)

I apologize for not blogging this week. If you must know, which I suppose you do, I've been very busy with not only my baby, but Operation: Rockin' Hot Mama.

Living in Utah (which I love), I've noticed that it has its fair share of frumpy moms, but also really cute young moms. I refuse to fall into the category of the former, but prefer to stay with the latter. So, I introduce to you Operation: Rockin' Hot Mama. What is this? You may ask. This Operation has many different facets that extend beyond the obvious of being a total babe.

Physical: I've lost 19 lbs, and I have 14 to go. It's my goal to lose 8 of those by the end of the year, and the remaining 6 within the first 2 months of the new year. I think that it is a realistic goal, which is what we're all about here. To attain said goal, I've been going on walks with my boy at least once a day. I throw him in the Baby Bjorn, which he loves, and we stroll. Also, when Jason is home, I have been trying to go to the gym. Yesterday, I enjoyed 20 minutes of HARD intensity cardio without stopping. I felt pretty good about it. Thank you Timbaland and Mika for making said workout more enjoyable.

Mental: I want to learn new things. Right now, the thing that I'm concentrating on is learning new, fun recipes. The more complicated, the better. It's been such a treat to give the baby to Jason, throw on my IPOD, and dance the night away whilst I whip up some truly divine dish.

Spiritual: Good, Better, Best. How am I spending my time? That question right there is probably the best answer to why I haven't been blogging lately. I know that I can utilize my time a little bit better than I do, so I've been trying to do things that can help cultivate me a little more spiritually so I truly can be a Rockin' Hot Mama for my boy. We like to sing church songs together, and not a night goes by that we don't have family prayer (something we're really improving on)

Emotional: A happy mama, is a hot mama. That's what I want to be. I am trying to do the little things (take a shower, do my hair...yesterday I got the most amazing pedicure {you would approve, Nor} for only 13 bucks!!!) to make me happy. Even spending sometime scrapbooking so I feel productive certainly helps me to become a Rockin' Hot Mama.

So, everyone, join me on my journey. Before you know it, you'll be wishing you were a Rockin' Hot Mama, too!

13 comments:

Ashley Clark said...

You're a rockin' hot mama already. I love your face.

grammy said...

I am so proud of you. You have stepped up and have grown so much. You are a amazing Mom.You have learned more in the past several months which takes some Moms several kids to figure out.Frankie and & love you very much....

Sarah said...

Yep, I wish I were a rockin hot mama!

You look fantastic and so happy! Keep it up girl!

Nortorious said...

Sorry, but I object. I do not believe that women should be subject to the beauty myth mere weeks after having delivered a child. The rule is: nine months up, nine - 12 months down, if ever. Save yourself the misery and feeling bad about your weight by buying some new shoes (good job on the pedi). Weight aint nothing but a number.
The rest of the stuff sounds good though. V. righteous and emotionally positive.

Dallas and Krista said...

Good for you! Thanks for reminding me... time to take care of me again. Definately easier said than done with 2 little babes, but still important to at least try to take a moment for myself... especialy emotionally. Being a mom and giving so much of yourself 24/7 can really be exhausting! Plus i really want a pedi... :)

heidiram said...

You go girl! Keep up the great work! Love the plan! Yeah, I have been in a complete standstill ever since I lost the initial 20 pounds back in March . . . BUT I must have lost some inches since then because I now fit into your size 10 pants you gave me oh a million years ago. Now all I have to do is grow about another foot so the length will fit me. I tried them with even my 3 inch heels and they STILL drag on the ground. What's up with super duper extra long pants? And hey, if the emotional part doesn't work on your own, lexapro works wonders. :0)

Jessica said...

Go to Nor's blog and you decide if she's hot or frumpy, and then decide if she has any room to tell you not to try to be hot. And since you hardly gained anything and have lost such a good amount already, I think 14 lbs in 5 months is totally realistic. Except that pizza looks like it might get in the way.

Ali said...

I felt rockin hot for about five minutes and then I found out I was pregnant again.

Paige said...

All of that sounds hard and impressive. Except the nap after the workout. I can do that.

Alli said...

that's awesome anne! you look so good already.

Marisa said...

You are already looking so skinny! I am jealous! We won't be back until the very end of November, but when we are we will get together! By then I bet Hazen will be huge! (Relatively speaking).

Hazen5 said...

Good for you Anne, even though I think you are already Rockin'! Kiss Hazen for me!

Amanda Fetters said...

I love the physical/mental/spiritual balance thing you've got going on. You are so totally such an amazing RHM (that is, Rockin' Hot Mama).