Sunday, August 2, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!!




We just got back from an amazing vacation! While it's tricky to try to take a trip in the middle of the semester, we worked it out so that we could, and it was totally worth it! Jason and I drove down to Palm Desert where we had a family reunion, but on our way there, we stopped off in Vegas. Amanda and Grandma took care of Hazen back home, and we were able to really enjoy our time together! While we drove, I tried to study- which wasn't as effective as I had hoped, but I did get some reading done!

We had left immediately after I was done with clinicals- I had gotten up at 4 am that morning, so I was a little tired, but I was more excited to have a break! When we got to Vegas, we headed straight to the 1/2 Price ticket vendor- we wanted to go see a Cirque show! We were in luck! They had tickets to Ka for us- that were quite expensive, but we were trusting that it would be worth it. We went over to the MGM Grand to redeem our tickets, then rushed to the Luxor, where we stayed to check in and change our clothes. I had wanted to just do the Valet thing, but someone, ahem, thought that it would take us longer to wait for us to get our car and repark than to walk. So, we walked.

I had only packed a pair of cute heels in the overnight bag, so I knew the walk was going to be a little trying. By the time that we had arrived at the MGM Grand, I had sprouted about 6 new blisters, one of which went the entire length of my right foot. Awesome.

We entered the KA theatre, and it was HUGE! It was incredible how massive of a building it was. We were led to our seats, and our jaws dropped when we saw where we were sitting. Somehow, we had managed to score second row seats to a Cirque de Soleil show!!!! It was incredible! The show was about an hour and a half, and both Jason and I loved every moment of it. The talent was beyond belief, the story was great- I can't wait until we go back to our next show!


After the show was done, it was about 11:15, and we still hadn't eaten anything. We had purchased vouchers for a restaurant at Planet Hollywood, because the lady who sold us the vouchers told us that no other restaurant would be open that late. (LIAR!) We are idiots who believed her, and we walked. Remember how I mentioned that I had blisters all over my feet? By the time that we arrived at the Planet Hollywood, my feet were literally bloody little stumps of pain. It was not pretty. We ate dinner, and through tears, we walked ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE LUXOR.

We got home, and Jason went to get me a bucket of ice water to soak my poor feet. Moral of the story? Valet. Valet, Valet, Valet! The next morning, we got up and got ready, and went to the Paris Buffet for brunch. I think it was even BETTER this time than it has been before! The food was delicious! We stuffed ourselves sick, and then got on the road to go to Palm Desert to meet up with the rest of the family!

2 comments:

queenieweenie said...

I'm so glad you got away for some "couple time". Sorry about the footsies.

Sarah said...

Oh man I would LOVE to go to Vegas on a date with my hubby. It looks like you guys had a great time, besides the poor blisters :(