Thursday, August 6, 2009

Palm Desert: Day 3






















On Sunday, Day 3, we woke up to some of the most delicious blueberry pancakes and maple sugar roasted bacon I've ever had! Mom and Dad were in charge of cooking this day, so we all knew we were in for a treat! While the Hazen's gave Maddie heatstroke by playing tennis, I studied a little bit to make sure I didn't get TOO behind with school. Jason was awesome and played with Hazen in the other room so that I wouldn't get too distracted. When it was Hazen's naptime, Jason and I went over to Rob and Rachel's room, and Jason played the Wii with the kids while I made whichever grandkid who wasn't playing scratch my back and play with my hair. It was dreamy!

Somehow, Heather got suckered into giving Rachel and I foot massages. That's what I call a perfect Sunday afternoon! Heidi and her kids arrived around 4pm, and after being super excited to be around the cousins, we decided it was time to hit the pool. It was 116 degrees when we went, which was nothing short of miserable. We learned that going to the pool that late was a little rough, because even that water gets hot! Hazen had a lot of fun though, and the grandkids had a GREAT time playing with Jason in the water.

We went back to the condo for dinner where we enjoyed some delicious Ham, rolls, and Potatoes. I kind of hate ham, but I loved this! After, we had a program for the "King and Queen" of the day. My parents decided to implement a fun little activity while we were there where each of the grandkids had a chance to be a king or queen for the day. Hazen and Mia were honored on Sunday, and just to make it extra special, Heather made videos of each of the kids. I'll have to see if I can find a way to upload Hazen's video here. We put the kids to bed, and ended the evening strong with some more games.













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne, your blog is intimidating to comment on, but I like your family a lot (especially you and Heather... you girls make me laugh, hard) and all the pictures are really fun. I want to see all of your blog books sometime!

Hazen5 said...

Great foot Massage!