Thursday, August 6, 2009

Palm Desert Day 2, Part 2



Saturday morning, Hazen woke up at the butt-crack of dawn. Literally, that kid never wakes up a minute before 8:30 am, and he was up at 6. I think the excitement of being with his cousins was more than he could take! Because Jason loves me, he took Hazen out of the room, and let me sleep a little bit longer.

For Breakfast, we had a pretty low-key meal of Muffins and fruit. After that, it was time to hit the pool! We headed over, and it was already hot enough to melt your skin off. I was slightly nervous, because Hazen loves going to the pool, but he REALLY loves to sit in the hot tub. It was WAY too hot to do that! We were able to stay at the pool for almost 2 hours, but it got too hot, and Hazen needed a nap in a MAJOR way!

Jason and I dropped Hazen off at the hotel with my mom, and we headed out to In-N-Out for lunch. Then, we went to the store where we bought things for the dinner that we were in charge of that night. Somehow, we managed to break my Mom's car, which was not our proudest moment.

When we got home, the grandkids were ready to ambush us with water balloons. I was able to avoid most of the battle, but Jason took the brunt of it! Saturday was Jason and my night to make dinner for the family, so we made Cheese Tortellini with Roasted Chicken and Sauteed Mushrooms. It was delicious, and the kids seriously devoured it! Rob's family and my dad went for a quick game of golf, then the kids were put to bed. We finished the day off with another late night game of Phase 10. MAN I wish that I had a video of our conversations. I'm lucky to have such a hilarious family!




2 comments:

Papa Nacho said...

Is Alzheimers setting in or did I really read your blog twice?

Maybe are you trying to fool us that you really do write in your blog more than Heidi does in hers? I'm sure I read the same material twice.

Oh well - it may run in the family.

Padre

Papa Nacho said...

Is Alzheimers setting in or did I really read your blog twice?

Maybe are you trying to fool us that you really do write in your blog more than Heidi does in hers? I'm sure I read the same material twice.

Oh well - it may run in the family.

Padre