Sunday, August 2, 2009

4th of July







Something that I've resigned myself to is that in Jason and my career choices, holidays will never be "normal". This year, he had to work on the evening of the 4th, but we made the day special, nonetheless. We went to my parent's house for a BBQ. It was delicious! My grandma was able to be there- it was actually a really nice afternoon with everyone. We were able to sit outside, and the bees must have been listening, because they didn't even come and bother us! If you know me, you know that I am absolutely petrified of bees!

After the BBQ, we all came home for nap time. Hazen took a really nice nap, and I was able to relax while Jason rested up for his graveyard shift that night. After Jason left, Hazen and I went shopping for a little while, and then got ready to meet Grandma and Grandpa for the fireworks. I was planning on going by myself, so I was so happy when they agreed to go with me!



Jason had to work, which was sad, but my parents came to the fireworks with Hazen and I. I can't say enough how good of a show PG puts on! It's great because it's 3 minutes away from home, parking is great, and we get a front row seat, no matter what!


This was Hazen's first time ever being around Fireworks, and it was an interesting experience, to say the least! From the first moment they went off, he was horrified! He literally lept from my arms and went straight to my Mom's, where he remained for the rest of the 30 minute show! It was hilarious. He didn't cry, but as long as he could snuggle with Grandma and Grandpa, he was content. As soon as the show was over, we hopped in the car, I made a few illegal moves, and we were home exactly 13 minutes after the fireworks ended. It was a great 4th, and I look forward to next year!!

1 comments:

Ashley Clark said...

Cute hair. Cute kid. Cute family!