Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Thanksgiving in August


Can anyone tell me why I'm sitting so close to Brown Jason?


I've never made a turkey. Ever. Last winter, Aubrey and I were able to buy some turkeys at a very low price with our coupon shopping. We had forgotten about them, and when we remembered, we decided to do a Thanksgiving in August! I made Sweet Potato biscuits, delicious Cornbread stuffing, and a Maple Dijon glazed turkey. For desert, we made a chocolate ganache torte. The meal did not disappoint, and I've learned that I don't need to be so afraid of turkeys! We still have another turkey in the freezer, and I look forward to the delicious meals we'll make out of it!

2 comments:

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

Cuz yours was hoggin' the couch?

Papa Nacho said...

Could it be you were expecting your Padre and Madre to drop over for a delicious meal and you wanted to make room for them to sit down?

Sorry it was our bowling night and we couldn't make it!

Looks good.

Padre