Monday, August 3, 2009

Palm Desert: Day One





Cuidado. The amount of pictures coming in the Palm Desert posts is almost obscene. Oh well. Don't care- it's my blog book, not yours!

Jason and I left Vegas Friday morning and hit the road. We knew that we needed to be at Ontario Airport by 5:30 in order to pick up Mom and Hazen, so we planned our trip accordingly. We stopped in Barstow for a while to check out the outlets, and ended up buying a few things for Hazen. Man, it's easy to spend money on a kid when you miss him! Once we got to Ontario, I could hardly wait to see my little buddy when he got through security! It had only been one day, but I still missed him! He ran right into my arms, and was thrilled about the Backyardigans stuffed animals Jason and I bought him in Vegas.

We loaded everyone in the car, and drove the remaining hour to Palm Desert.


Desert. Did you catch that? We, the Hazen, Lee, Ramirez, and Danielson families opted to go to a DESERT the end of July. We got out of the car, and I about melted. With a temperature of 109 at almost 7pm, I knew we were in for quite the adventure.



We were met by Grandpa, Heather, Abbie and Mia, and we anxiously awaited the arrival of the Hazen kids. They got there about 30 minutes later, and we had dinner. On the menu? Chicken Sammies with Coleslaw and fruit. After dinner, Grandma and Grandpa passed out the special activity bags that they had made for the Grandkids and Moms.

Hazen was literally on cloud 9. I don't think he's ever been so excited for such a long period of time! He was running around, talking non-stop, and couldn't contain all of the excitement he felt about being around his cousins! When Mia hopped into our bed, he was right there beside her- he couldn't get enough of those cousins he loves so much!!


After we went to bed, the adults played cards until well after midnight. I was crying I was laughing so hard! My family is hilarious, and it's not too often we can play and have fun without regard to any other things like we did on this trip. I was having a great time, and it was only the first day!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Anne your mom looks great!!! So glad you guys got to spend time with family... even if it was retardedly hot outside.

queenieweenie said...

I personally LOVE all the pictures. Keep 'em coming!

Ashley Clark said...

Love that picture of Heather. Is that a freshly showered head or sweat?

By the way, I love your family and miss your parents dearly. Next year, I will be inviting myself your desert escape. :)