Friday, August 7, 2009

Palm Desert: Day 4

Day 4 of our awesome trip was Jason and Max's birthday! They turned 29 and 2 (respectively). Jason and I were in charge of breakfast, so we had buttermilk pancakes and bacon. Mom and Dad kind of trumped us the day before, though. After breakfast, we headed straight to the pool. EVERYONE came, and it was so much fun! I really enjoyed it because Hazen really turned the corner as far as his pool-side behavior is concerned. Normally, at home, he likes to just sit on the top step of the hot tub, and he is as happy as can be. Unfortunately, this was not an option, and he HAD to be in the big pool with us all, which tended to scare him a little bit- it was just too hot to do otherwise. We dunked him a few times, and he didn't cry one bit! The best part was when I decided to take him down the slide. He LOVED it, and laughed the entire time- until I didn't stick the landing. I completely dunked him, but instead of crying when we got out of the water, he looked at me, and shook his head a few times, as if to say, "Seriously, Mom?"

After the pool, we had naps and homework time. For dinner, it was Heather's turn to cook, and she made Sloppy Joes for the Birthday Party. It was a ton of fun- we played games, and basically looked for any excuse to soak one another with water balloons! One of the games involved the kids feeding the adults popcicles. It was a race, and you know how I love me some competition! I won by literally swallowing the popcicle whole- I thought I was going to puke! Next was cake and presents. The kids loved the cake, and Hazen really enjoyed stealing food from the other grandkids.

For Jason's birthday, Hazen and I got him a new DVD player (ours broke a while ago), and an I-Tunes gift card. He was pretty excited. His main birthday present was going to Vegas. I'm so glad that we were able to spend Jason's birthday on vacation instead of doing the same old thing!



















0 comments: