Sunday, August 10, 2008

What a Wonderful Day, Pt. 3



The Cake

Hazen was able to have his very own birthday cake, made especially by....Dad. I was a little busy doing everything else, and it ended up that Jason pretty much made his cake. Hazen isn't as well-versed in sweets as his good ole' mom and dad are, but he sure had a great time playing in the cake. By the time we were done, there was frosting EVERYWHERE!!

I think that Hazen is so used to the "take a bite" part of the cake, that when it came time to actually dig in, he kept on leaning over his seat to try to take another bite. I tried to show him what to do, and I was shoved in his cake. He thought it was pretty funny.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned yet that my highchair was designed by a complete moron....it's DRY CLEAN ONLY!! In my defense, it wasn't listed as such on the box, I only learned about it a few months later. Needless to say, it should be illegal to make a highchair dry clean only. Also needless to say, I will be dropping it off at the cleaners tomorrow. It is filthy.
He was also really considerate, and wanted to make sure that Max didn't go away hungry....

5 comments:

Grandma Turtle said...

What a fun time you must have had celebrating Hazen's birthday. We are happy for all 3 of you!

Sometimes companies put 'dry clean only' tags on things because they don't want to be liable for replacement.....meaning that you can still wash it, but if it falls apart, they don't have to replace it. Some clothing comes with 'dry clean only' tags on them, too, and I've washed them over and over and over and had no problems at all. I wash them in COLD water. I always either air dry them, or put them in the dryer on the lowest heat.

Hazen5 said...

Give that boy a big birthday kiss for us!!! I am so glad he had a great day, and that he followed the Melendez Family "Take a Bite" tradition! Looks like he took a lot of them.

Sarah said...

Dry clean only??? That's totally ridiculous! I'd throw it in the washed anyway... :-) But that's just me and I can be cheap and lazy.

Paige said...

Totally love that your child requires 3 different birthday parts. Dry clean only is a lie. Wash it on cold, pretreat the stains, and let it air dry. If you wreck it buy another one!

Marc and Lori Johnson said...

Soooooo fun! I loved the pictures of cute little Hazen. I can't believe that he is already a year old! Man time flies. Happy Birthday Hazen!