Saturday, August 9, 2008

What a Wonderful Day, Pt. 1

Hazen's birthday was such a great day! Jason was able to take the day off, so we could spend the day as a family. We felt that since Hazen spent the first 2 months of his life living at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center, the day wouldn't be complete without going there to bring them some treats, and to remind them of our gratitude.

We brought Chocolate Covered Oreos (which were delicious!!) that Aubrey and I made that morning, and a scrapbook page with a few pictures of him then and now. I forgot to take pictures of everything, and I'm still kicking myself over it.

Hazen was able to get pictures with Charlene, his Nurse Practitioner who took such wonderful care of him. She was so fabulous- she'd call me at least one to two times a day, and would always spend some time with me and visit whenever I was there with Hazen. I will always be grateful to her.
We also saw Catherine. Catherine was my favorite nurse! She was absolutely hilarious. She's from the south, so we'd call her Paula Dean, because she sounds JUST.LIKE.HER. Whenever I had to leave the hospital for the day, and it was time to put Hazen down, she'd run over and scoop him up so she could have snuggle time with him. To be honest, she probably held him more than I did before he came home. It's so great to know that there are people who love your child so much when you have to be away.

After the hospital, we went to Toys 'R Us to buy Hazen his birthday presents. He had a lot of fun playing with the balloon in the car. In fact, all I could see were little legs and a green balloon the whole ride home.

I think it's safe to say that we sufficiently wore him out though, because he couldn't stay awake if his life depended on it!

4 comments:

Amanda Fetters said...

That mouth-open picture is hil-ar-i-ous. Yay for birthdays!!!

Brandi Lyn said...

LOL. By the looks of that last picture he had a rockin' good birthday!

I like the little tribute you did to the nurses. I know that there are nurses that tended to Nicci that will always be very special to me.

Unknown said...

So cute sleeping in the car. I love this!

queenbee said...

That is also the day that I met you all for the first time--Just want to say that you have been such a bright spot in my life. When the doctors say things that concern me for Bryleigh and I get a little nervous about the outcomes I read a little of your blog and I am so grateful for the wit and humour of your family. Thank you for touching our lives.

Angela and Bryleigh Pulli