Thursday, August 7, 2008

Anniversary of a Miracle


One year ago was the scariest day of my life.

One year ago was also the best day of my life.

In the events that transpired after August 8, one year ago, I learned how much my Heavenly Father really loves me.

One year ago, I met a miracle.

One year ago, I began to learn how much my heart could love, and one year ago, I realized how badly it could hurt to have it all taken away.

One year ago, I began to really learn of true gratitude, and sheer bliss.

My life began one year ago.

10 comments:

Annemarie said...

Awwww...Happy Birthday sweet little man!

Connie said...

Life is a miracle. Congratulations on surviving your first year.

Unknown said...

This was the perfect post!

Amanda Fetters said...

What a beautiful post, Anne. And I CANNOT BELIEVE how far he has come!!! Congrats and happy birthday to the three of you!

Grandma Turtle said...

If there was an icon of a loving Aunt crying, I'd send it to you right now. :)

Marc and Lori Johnson said...

Okay, this post totally made me tear up! I can't believe that it has been a whole year. And now look at your adorable little Hazen! What a blessing. Your blog is sooo cute. I love it!

Lori Johnson

Celia Fae said...

That was so sweet. I love the part about how your life began one year ago. Way to make it through some tough times. I'm so glad HAL is thriving.

Sarah said...

How sweet!! Happy birthday little man!!

Nortorious said...

Can you even remember life without him? We all suffered with you during that scary time. I'm so glad he's doing well!

Brandi Lyn said...

So beautiful Anne. SO beautiful. Happy Birthday little Hazen!!

ANd good job Anne on being such a strong mother!