Sunday, August 31, 2008

An Announcement



Dear Hazen,

I'm really sorry that we fought so much a few weeks back. In reality, it was my fault. I didn't understand that you were trying to tell me that the schedule you had when you were 4 months old wasn't quite working anymore for big, strong, 1 year old you. I'm glad I finally took time out to listen. What a change it's been with you only taking one nap a day now!!! I was nervous at first, but it's working beautifully, because you sleep 13 hours at night, and 2 hours during the day. I'm doing my best to figure out the things that you want to eat- but I think I've got breakfast figured out- for now. You've been gobbling up an entire thing of yogurt and topping it off with a whole package of oatmeal each morning while we jam to music as it fills our new kitchen. You seem so much happier. I'm so much happier because I feel like I've got you back. To make peace with one another, I took you to Costco for one of your favorite meals- Costco Pizza and a Churro. Just so you know, you ate more than 1/2 of my piece of pizza. It's ok though- I got you back by eating most of the churro. You've been so delightful these past few days, even while dad worked. Thanks for reminding me that when in doubt, I just need to LISTEN. I love you more than life itself, little boy.

Love,

Your crazy mama.

10 comments:

Gabriella said...

I'm so glad things are going better. I know what you mean about not being able to understand what Hazen wants. We're having that same problem right now. Kate sure knows what she wants too bad I don't understand what "baba" or "dis,dis" means.

Brandi Lyn said...

ahh, that was sweet. :) I'm SO glad things are better. He's such a sweetie.

Unknown said...

YEAH! He's back!

Nortorious said...

Yum Costco pizza. Delicious.

queenieweenie said...

congrats on the new house!

I CONSTANTLY have to remind myself to "listen"...and mu kids can talk!

Hazen5 said...

I am glad things are starting to look up! Love that Hazen Boy.

Tristan said...

I am glad you got that figured out. When I changed my Katie-girl to just one nap a day, we were both much happier!

Linsey said...

sorry we didn't get together in UT, but never fear, we'll be back and often

yay for new digs - we don't have our stuff yet so we just run from room to room marveling at all the space!

Jessica said...

THIS is why I don't understand why people think you LOSE brain power when you are a mom!

You have to be a very smart, very problem-solving, very willing-to-stretch-yourself woman if you want to figure this mothering thing out.

As you obviously are.

Annalee and Buck said...

Hey Anne! I finally blog now, and found your blog through Aubrey :) I love your blog, you are so cute and entertaining and can I just tell you how much fun I had at out lunch outting the other day? I love my husband to death, but it's so nice to feel like I have friends and do things outside my marriage. We for sure need to do it again soon :)