Sunday, August 31, 2008

A little teaser...


We got a new kitchen table. It's beautiful, and everything I hoped and dreamed for. It's counter-top height (Jason's in love, because it's "a table built for a tall person"), black, with a lazy-susan! For our first meal at home, I made T-bone steaks, Beets with grilled onions, and bought a delicious loaf of Ciabatta bread to dip in the special dipping sauces we borrowed from the Robison's. Happy are we!

**Take note of the linen napkins and napkin rings. I bought those when I was in Russia. The EXACT thought that went through my mind when I bought them was, "One day, I'll sit at my dining table with my family, and I'll want to use these. " A beautiful life deserves beautiful things, no?

3 comments:

Gabriella said...

What a beautiful table! I love it. Our table is black also, my favorite product...Pledge dusting spray. Dust really shows up on black, Pledge will become your new best friend.

Unknown said...

I love my tall table too! I'll never go back!

Looks great!

Grandma Turtle said...

Happy New Table To You! The Layzee Soozn seems like it would make it tons easier to pass bowls of food when you have people sitting all the way around the table.