Thursday, September 25, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance!



On Tuesday night, we went to SYTYCD. This was my second year going; and would have been my third if there was no baby in the NICU last year! It was so much fun!! Jason, Aubrey, Other Jason, Heather, Brad and I all piled into Big Red, and drove to West Valley to see the show. We had plans on going to a really awesome BBQ place to eat beforehand, however, it had been shot up. Literally.


I was SLIGHTLY disappointed with the tickets, as I had PURCHASED them within the first 2 minutes of availability, but they were still pretty good.



I've been to my fair share of concerts in my lifetime, but I can honestly say that I'm not sure if I've ever been to something so loud. Towards the end, everything was muffled because my ears were so tired! The concert was fabulous, though! They did EVERY dance number that I hoped they would, and more. I was happy that they didn't spend the entire time doing Latin numbers, because while I like them, they're not my favorite. Can anyone explain to me why they had the top 13 there? I was super confused! Chelsie Hightower is in my new ward. I told Aubrey that I WILL have my camera on-hand for when she returns, and I might just have her sign my scriptures. Kidding!




There was a woman there with her newborn baby. I wanted to push her down the stairs. Does anyone know if being around loud things can do permanent damage to a baby? I can't imagine that this would have been very good for her.


We will be going again next year; mark my words! I love things like this. It was super fun!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad looks like he's having a ton of fun. Hahaha. I am so jealous! I want to go with you next year!

Unknown said...

Gald you had fun!

Unknown said...

and glad

Heather said...

By the way, I looked up the Q on the internet and they have actually moved to another location AND they are also in St. George,so..

Meriel Frandsen said...

Oh my gosh. So jealous of A) the fact you got to go to the show and B) Chelsea's in your ward. Too cool! Tell her she was my fav and by far the best. ;)

Oh, and I totally second you on the baby in a loud place thing. It's actually really bad for babies to be in anything that's louder than a movie theatre - actually even those can be damaging. the decibels are too high for their little ear drums. They have some pretty cool ear muff things for babies to wear to cancel out the sound so you can take them to places like that.

heidiram said...

I was just going to ask who is Chelsea, but from Meriel's comment I just learned she must be someone from the dance show.

Dang I'm good. I answered my own question.

Paige said...

We go on Tuesday with ONLY girls. Totally get her to sign your scrips.

Jessica said...

YOu are the luckiest person ever. And I can't wait to hear the inside scoop on Chelsie. Promise us you'll report if she bears her testimony?