Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Day Five: Shoes, Blood, and a Sandwich that almost ate us


On Saturday, we were still in St. George, and still having a good time. The night before (I forgot about this in my previous post), I had my first experience with Hazen and blood.

The Robison's have a glass table that sits in their living room that Hazen liked pounding on and trying to get the breakable things in the middle of. I was balancing my checkbook when I saw Hazen fall on his bum. He started crying, but anyone who knows him can attest that 90% of the time, he is as delightful as can be. The other 10% of the time, sometimes he's a little whiny, so I thought that he was crying because he was mad that he fell. After he screamed, I looked at him, and his mouth was FULL of blood. I totally freaked out, and ran into the kitchen. Luckily, Aubrey's an EMT (the Jasons were gone), and helped me get it cleaned up. He had split the piece of skin that attaches the upper lip to the gums, and did something else to his gums. It's really sad. We've since had it looked at, and have been told that it will heal. Phew. Hazen was such a trooper though, and only cried for a total of 2 minutes!! Poor baby.

Saturday, Aubrey and I went out with Jason's mom for a while and shopped. We went to Dillards, where they were having a 75% off sale! I got 4 pairs of shoes and they were NOT expensive at all!! So fun!


For the BYU football game, (which Jason's parents are die-hard fans of), Jason's mom made an incredible sandwich that was bigger than my head. I won't divulge any secrets of how it's made, but trust me; it's delicious, and will be made again in the Lee household!




Saturday night, we all went to dinner, and then Aubrey and Jason went to Tuhacahn to see Les Miserables. We had opted out, but I guess we missed out BIGTIME because they said it was amazing. Next time!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am LOVING all the peep-toes. Especially the stripey ones.

Linsey said...

You're killing me with all this fun. And now you throw in a mysterious and incredibly delicious looking sandwich and shoe shopping - seriously, dying over here.

diane said...

Your shoes are fabulous!

Sarah said...

You sure you can't share what's in the sandwich? It looks amazing! And those shoes are so cute! I want to go shoe shopping! I am glad it looks like you guys all had such a great time!

Ashley Clark said...

Mouth wounds heal fast, so I'm glad he only cried for a few minutes.

That sandwich looks amazing!