Monday, March 31, 2008

Kissy-Kissy

I'm a little late in the uptake with this Kissy Post, but by popular demand from Nor, I think it's high time I explain the prevalence of kissy pictures in my blog.

There are lots of reasons to include kissy pictures in your blog. One popular reason is because it reminds me of how pretty I used to be. It gives me something to strive for again!




Another reason, is because I feel like these kissy pictures properly illustrate particularly happy memories I have.



There is also no better way to show off your adorable family than to punctuate it with a kissy picture. It's almost like the "Neiner, Neiner" of picturedom.


Kissy Pictures are best when used with small animals or adorable babies. Like mine. See?


Now, the FUNNY thing about my abundant use of Kissy pictures is the fact that I wasn't really brought up in a "touchy-feely" family, per se. In fact, I can't remember the last time I was kissed by my family, and I'm ok with that. It's not like Heather and I embrace lovingly every time I walk in her door, that would be awkward.

I also invite you to notice that there's never any tongue, because that's ugly. So, your challenge, dear readers, is to break out of the mold, and post a kissy picture of yourself. You'll be glad you did!

12 comments:

Paige said...

All the kissy pictures are good. HOw can you not kiss that baby and husband??? And that bunny? Do you have a bunny? It looks like our remaining bunny, Pearl.

Ignore her.

Kirsten Krason said...

I need a picture of you and me kissing. I will try and find one to post!

Heather said...

EMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM-ooooo-ah.

That was me kissing you.

Ali said...

what's in the envelope from your in-laws? sneak a peek, come on!! ha ha ha, i am impatient :)

I'll see if I can dig up some kissy pictures for our bloggity-blog in honor of you.

Hazen5 said...

That was so cute! What do you mean, not a very touchy family...we kiss every time we see each other! (J/K)

AnnEE said...

With tongue, right Rach?

Heather said...

We is so funny!

Gabriella said...

Woo! I love the kissing pictures, in a non-creepy way. You have such a cute family.

Heather said...

Why did you take down the picture of Jason feeling you up?

Amanda Fetters said...

Cute kissies!! I have to admit, I have none except from our wedding, and those aren't digitized. So sorry, I'm a loser to your challenge. :) About the CSA thing, I would bet good money you could totally do it...go to www.localharvest.org and type in your ZIP code. Tally ho!

Nortorious said...

Your hair looks great in that last picture.
I'm sorry I've been a bad commentor! Work, work, toddler, and pregnancy are my excuses.
I very much appreciate the explanation for the kissy pics. The neiner neiner is effective. You do look good kissing. It's always an unflattering angle for me.
We're not a kissy huggy family either and I think people who do that are weird. No touchy.

grammy said...

What was the last name of the family you grew up in ? I remember lots of affection. Rob for sure stil kissed his parents in public without shame.