Thursday, June 4, 2009

Vacation: Day 2





On Friday of our vacation we got a late start to the day. Once we showered, and were ready to walk out the door, it was nearly 12:30. We started off by going to Chevy's for lunch, as it's Jason's favorite place ever. I was incredibly disappointed in my meal, and actually had to send it back, but Jason loved his, which is the important thing, right? Hazen ate his weight in carbs, which I don't love, but at least he ate. After we went to Chevy's, we drove around Danville for a little while, and then made our way over to Walnut Creek. I wanted to do some shopping in Broadway Plaza, and the weather was perfect. We went to H&M, where I was able to find some fabulous deals. After that, we just walked around, until Hazen had the most epic meltdown to date. We decided to forego his naptime, which was a big fat mistake. When it came time to leave a fountain by H&M, he about lost it. 45 minutes of crying and whimpering later, he finally calmed down. It wasn't without people giving us many looks of concern- why weren't we doing anything to fix our child???

A cookie and 2 bottles of water from Starbucks later, he was just fine. We finished up our shopping, and went to Whole Foods to get a cake to take to Ken and David's house for dinner. Once we got there, Hazen was in full play mode! It always is a little stressful for me to take Hazen places that aren't inherently "child friendly", but he actually did a good job with not breaking anything! It cracks me up- Ken doesn't change his persona one bit- not even with babies. He's no nonsense, and to the point. It's hilarious though. David was down on the floor jumping around with Hazen and chasing him around the house. I love them! We had delicious Hamburgers for dinner, and enjoyed conversation out on the patio for a long time. By the time that Hazen was getting ready for bed, I was so tired and my eyes were so worn out that I could hardly see straight. It was a great day, and I was grateful for the opportunity to spend it with people that I love so much.




1 comments:

queenieweenie said...

As with most males...Feed them and they are fine.

Glad you're having fun family time together!