Monday, June 15, 2009

Great America!



I have not been to Great America in YEARS. Literally, I think the last time that I was there was the summer after I graduated from High School and Ashley and I went for the day. So, we're looking at almost 7 years now. I woke up on the Monday that we were in California and wanted, no, NEEDED to go. So, Janet, Jason's sister, took one for the team and watched Hazen while Jason whisked me off to Great America. It was the PERFECT day to go! The weather was sunny, but not too hot, and the park was nearly deserted. We picked up some sammies from Safeway on our way to the park (yum yum!), and had a backpack filled with water and snacks for a day full of fun.


(This picture is taken from WAY far away, our camera rocks)


We nearly walked on to EVERY ride there. I think the longest wait was about 15 minutes. Compared to the usual 2 hours that you need to wait sometimes for the more popular rides, this was insane. Within 4 hours, we had ridden nearly every ride at the park- some as many as 3 times each! We were going strong and having a great time until we went on the Demon. As a child, I remember this ride being really fun. Newsflash. This ride is not fun anymore. It about jolted our heads out of their sockets, and by the end of the ride, we were begging for some relief. Needless to say, we only went on one more ride, and then we were done for the day. I've never spent less than the entire day at a theme park, but we sure got our money's worth after only 5 hours. I think I'm good for the next 7 years, but thanks, Jason, for the great day!



0 comments: