Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Naptime





Naptime is the best time of the day. Everyone in the house gets some quiet time, and I'm actually pretty intense about having the TV off, everyone out of the living room, and anyone who is home needs to be in their bedrooms enjoying the beauty that is naptime while it lasts. We don't open the front door, and I try to avoid answering my phone during this time. Hazen has gotten into a less than ideal habit lately, though. He will sleep for about 20 minutes in his crib, and then wakes up crying. I've learned that if I hold him on the couch or in our bed, though, he'll sleep for another 1.5-2 hours.

I kind of recognize that it is a HORRIBLE habit for him to get into, but at the same time, I am realizing that the days of him wanting to sleep with his Mama might be numbered, so with that in mind, I hold him, wrap his little arms around my neck, and utter a prayer of gratitude that I have been blessed with such a sweet little boy. One day, I'll look back on the moments of shared naps, and wish for them to return. Sometimes, when I need some comfort, the best possible thing to give me respite from the world is to tuck in for a little bit of slumber with my little boy. There, we can drift off to dream land together with no worries but how much we love one another.

4 comments:

Kelli Nicole said...

I highly doubt he'll enter High School still crawling into bed with you :). I think it's adorable and he knows he's loved!

Grandma Turtle said...

Way to be wise and enjoy Hazen while he is small. When he is the size of his Dad, you'll still enjoy those arms around your neck when he gives you hugs.

Amanda Fetters said...

Amen to what Kelli said. That is so sweet. And I agree - naptime is SACRED!!!

queenieweenie said...

Cuddling with your kiddos-there's nothing sweeter.

My motto is: naps are necessary.