Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Life-Flight






A few days ago, we got a text message from Aubrey informing us that Life Flight would be landing at the station for a PR op. I rushed to get ready as quickly as I could, and we flew out the door. We got there just in time for the helicopter to make their dramatic entrance. Hazen hated it. I forgot how loud helicopters are, and everyone forgot how much it hurts to have rocks flung at your ankles.

Jason's sad because we learned that in order to be a helicopter flight nurse you have to weigh no more than 200 lbs. In order for him to weigh that little, he'd literally look like an emaciated, anorexic survivor of war. I've been saying for a while that I have interest in being a NICU flight RN, so we'll have to see what happens. Maybe next time a helicopter is around, Hazen will be more excited about it!

0 comments: