Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tooting his Horn

So, I realized that I blog a crap-load about Hazen, and a pretty decent amount about myself. There's one intrinsic family member that I don't write NEARLY enough about.

He's cute, isn't he?

Anyhoo, I'm going to toot his horn for a minute or two. Beep, beep! First- the other day, we were driving home from a family outing. We noticed that there was some traffic, and lo and behold, right by our house, there was a major car accident! There was a truck that had flipped, and another car that was totally crunched. There wasn't any emergency personnel on scene yet, so the accident had just happened. We pulled over, and Jason hopped out, and jogged over to the scene. There was a woman there in scrubs, so he asked her if she was a nurse. She answered that she was just starting training to become a CNA....um. Great. So, Jason politely told her that it would probably be a good idea if he took over. It was so cool, as I sat in the car with Hazen; I told him that his Daddy was a hero, and that we needed to be so proud of him, because his job is to help people and save lives. I think that it's SO COOL!! Jason did his thing until the FD showed up, helped get the woman in the ambulance, and then hopped back in our car. Just another day on the job. What a stud. Aren't you jealous that I'm married to such a babe? You should be.

In other news...... about 1 month ago, Jason went up to Park City to test for their Fire Department. There was over 200 people there, and they sat for an aptitude test. Later that night, we got the phone call saying that he had passed the test, and was invited to come back the next day for a physical exam at 8,000 ft elevation!! Jason passed with flying colors, and along with 60 other people moved on to the Oral Boards. This was the round that both Jason and I thought he would struggle with the most, as he's a little quiet when you first meet him, and sometimes it's hard to really GET the essence of Jason in 5 minutes! Well, after 2 weeks of waiting, tonight we received the letter saying that he was one of the 20 people who were invited to go on 2 ten-hour ride-alongs in November. After the ride alongs, they'll cut it to the top 15, who will be invited for seasonal employment. In APRIL, they'll hire 8-10 people for a full-time slot on the Park City Fire Department. The odds at this point, are incredible. Even if Jason doesn't get the spot, I can't begin to say enough how proud I am of him. He works HARD at a full-time job, getting up every morning at 5:00 am, and not getting home until nearly 7 pm. He's starting nursing school oh....tomorrow, he works part-time for Pleasant Grove FD, and in the midst of this, he's an impeccable father, and the husband I always dreamed of. I'm not trying to "sugar coat" our lives- marriage is hard, and we see our fair share of trials on a daily basis, but I am so blessed to have him in my life. Hazen is lucky, because he has the world's best dad to look up to. So, even though my opinion means nothing, I do believe that Park City would be lucky to have such a dependable, reliable, strong man working for their department. I'm lucky to have such a man in my home.

6 comments:

Sarah Jane Curtis said...

That is awesome! Josh sometimes wishes he'd be on a plan as a passenger and have to make an emergency landing because both pilots are unable. Kinda weird.
But totally cool that Jason saved the day! I would be Super proud.
Yes, we need to hang out. Where are you living now?
BTW Read the poop post as I was eating Breakfast. Thank you very much. Luckily it was funny and your kid is so cute!

Kirsten Krason said...

That was Kirsten not sarah. That is my sister.

Nortorious said...

Does he wear his fireman outfit at home?

Nortorious said...

P.S., jpa and ball comment hilarious.

D and J Larson said...

I know one of the fire boys up there...i'll put in a good word!

Hazen5 said...

Jason has always been a hero in my kids eyes! This just proves it.

Great job Jason with the Park City F.D. we'll keep our fingers crossed!