Monday, October 6, 2008

Hazen's Horrible, Terrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day


Sunday was a crappy day for my poor little boy. He woke many, many, many times in the night on Saturday night, and woke up. He was just fine for the first part of the day, but once the afternoon hit, it all went downhill. I guess it has to do with the fact that he's learning how to walk, but his balance in well....life, is rough.

He was playing with Mia Mia when his excitement got the better of him, and the coffee table won. Enter wound #1. No more than 20 minutes later, he came toppling down the stairs. I felt like the worst mom in humanity. It broke my heart. In fact, I still feel bad! Cue 5 minutes later. Hazen shuts his fingers in screen door. At this point, if you looked at him cross-eyed, he would bawl.

Today, he's got the beginnings of a shiner. My poor, poor baby boy.


10 comments:

Marisa said...

Awwww. Give him kisses for me!

Emily said...

Anne!! I know I'm DAYS late on wishing you happy birthday, but I am just barely catching up on your blog posts from the past few weeks. You've been a blogging MACHINE! I wish I could be like you. Happy birthday!!

Gabriella said...

Ouch! Walking is dangerous business. Good thing kids are so resilient. I feel your pain though, it's hard to protect them from everything, especially when they are so mobile.

Grandma Turtle said...

What? All that, and NO stitches in the Emergency Room? You're doing great!

diane said...

What a tough little guy!

AnnEE said...

Testing the new e-mail address....

Unknown said...

AHHH! He looks like a toddler!

Jenibelle said...

A shiner is a badge of honor for a boy!

Doug Clark said...

"Fell down the stairs" did he?

Annalee and Buck said...

How sad for Hazen! He's still adorable though even though he's bumped and bruised. :) And we will totally have to make Duck again for you guys because it was really good! I thought anyway, Buck is an awesome cook and he did made it really good. It was something I had never seen before either, he cooked it with green apples. Good stuff. Oh and mashed potatoes and gravy go well with it. He can't shoot deer, so if we ever had to hunt for our food we'll be living on fowl meat. Ha ha