Monday, October 6, 2008

They Say It's Your Birthday!!

I had such a great birthday! I dare say, it was one of my best!! Jason didn't have to work, so my day started by sleeping in without having to worry about getting up with the boy. Then, Jason took me to Kneaders for breakfast where we enjoyed French Toast and I even got a free birthday tart! (It's still in my fridge...shhhh, don't tell Kneaders!)

After, Heather and I went to Target, where she let me pick out a birthday present. I got a black necklace, and it is awesome! I wish I had places to go every day so I can wear it all the time. Then, we got pedicures, which we were both so badly in need of. I keep on looking down at my feet and feeling awesome because they look so fabulous.



After, Jason took the boy to do some errands, and I got to spend about 2 hours alone. ALONE....did you catch that? BY.MYSELF. It was awesome! I took a shower, blasted music, sat on my butt. It was perfect!

Then, we dropped Hazen off with Grandma and Grandpa, and Aubrey, Jason, Jason and I went to Happy Sumo for Sushi. The Robison's are troopers. They're not exactly Sushi lovers, but they went with us and provided us with fantastic entertainment, nonetheless!

We came home, and met up with the Malzers and their adorable 2 week old, Zoe, Heather and her family, my parents, and my good friend, Natalie. We ate the most delicious Costco chocolate cake, and had presents. The picture of me blowing out the candles I love and hate. I hate it because I look gross, but I love it because it shows why this day was so good and special for me. I was surrounded by people I love all day long, and I couldn't have asked for anything more!! I am so blessed. Seriously.... :)
As if it weren't a perfect enough day, I was showered with gifts! I can't remember the last birthday that I received so much!! Thank you everyone! I received a darling scarf in the mail from Ashley, beautiful orange flowers from Natalie, a pumpkin bundt bread pan from my parents, TWO cookbooks and Pumpkin Curry simmering sauce from the Robisons, and Roses, a cookbook and a Roasting pan from my darling husband. It looked as if Williams-Sonoma threw up in my living room. I likey. Let's not forget the texts, facebook messages, wall posts, e-mails, blog comments, and phone calls NEARLY REACHING 100 that I received. Yeah, I counted, but how can you not when you're so loved??


I am so grateful to have people who love me surrounding me. Can't wait 'till next year!

5 comments:

Gabriella said...

Anne HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am so glad you had a great day, you seriously deserve it. You are amazing and I love you.

Marisa said...

Give Jason and everyone else in Utah a high five for me for making your birthday so special. I love you and was thinking of you all day!! You're a model.

Annalee and Buck said...

How fun!! Happy Birthday and I'm so glad to hear you had such an awesome day because you deserve it!! :)

weeze or Alissa said...

Super Happy day sweet cousin of mine.
you've got a good one to make you day so great.
hey, let's do another get together again...so we don't have to do so much catch up and more talking

Ashley Clark said...

Your hair looks SO cute in the picture where you're blowing out your candles!!