Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Sammie that deserves its own post



Hello. Meet the best sandwich that I think I've ever eaten in my life. This is coming from someone who grew up in Danville, home of Domenico's, which, prior to me partaking of this sammie, had the best sandwiches in the planet.

No longer. Not only was this one of the best sammies I've ever had in my existence, but it just might well be one of the best articles of food I've ever eaten. Meet the Cuban Roast from Paseo. We're talking slow roasted pork shoulder with aoili, cilantro, lettuce, caramelized onions all on a lightly toasted baguette that the angels in heaven constructed themselves. $8.50, but I would probably pay $20 for this sandwich.

We picked the sammies up, and then headed over to a different neighborhood where we found some outdoor seating. It was such a gorgeous day, and I was surrounded by the two best people in my life, and I was eating arguably one of the best things I've ever eaten. It was one of those moments that just couldn't have gotten better. I can't wait to go back and partake of this little dream. Hopefully sooner than later!!

0 comments: