Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fieldtrip to the Pumpkin Patch


















We had our yearly fieldtrip to HeeHaw farms with Preschool. This year was slightly different, because since Hazen and Max are in different classes, I didn't get to hang out with Heather the whole time, but we still had a great time. While we were there, I was able to chat with Hazen's teacher for a long time, and she just told me over and over again how much they love Hazen. Of course, that makes me feel so good. I love that baby, too!

We started the day with a visit to the petting area. Hazen liked being able to pet the animals, but luckily he wasn't super interested in getting too close and comfortable with them. After, we went on a Hayride, which he thought was so much fun! Luckily, the kid is pretty easily impressed. :) We topped off the fieldtrip with a trip through the corn maze and picking out a perfect pumpkin for Haz. He was very particular about the type of pumpkin that he wanted. It needed to be round, and "wittle", and orange, with no green on it, "even though green's my favorite color, but pumpkins aren't green", and not too "heaby". We found the perfect pumpkin, and he was so cute, carrying it around all by himself. He didn't want me to do it for him, and as he was lugging it around, he would tell me, "Mommy, I'm carrying it all by myself, and getting big and strong like Daddy. I have to be bigger so I can go to the fire station. So, I'm carrying this pumpkin so I can get exercise and have tons of energy!" What a cutie.

I had a great day spending time with just my little buddy. I love it when we can spend time just the two of us, and we had a wonderful time!

0 comments: