Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Going to Seattle!







Sometimes things around here get a little too overwhelming, and a little crazy, and you've just got to get out! With Jason passing the NCLEX, and me working crazy hours at work, it was time for a little get away with the family. No better place to go than Seattle! The boys had never been there, and I absolutely love everything about Seattle, so I made a phone call to Ashley, and the trip was in the works! As if I wasn't excited enough, Ashley sent me a book which highlighted some of the best restaurants in Seattle. To say I was excited was quite the understatement! So, just as Utah was starting to get cold, we hopped on the plane and went on our way.

This was Hazen's first plane ride that he was old enough to remember. I'm telling you, everything about this age is so magical! This kid gets so excited about everything, and it's so much fun to share it with him. A few days before we left, I started telling him at bedtime that he was going to get to go on an airplane in x days. He didn't really get it at first, but he was still excited. Getting to the airport was awesome! We got there early enough, parked, and we were able to take our time getting things situated. He was so happy to hold the tickets, and of course was very willing to take his shoes off when he went through security. When we were on the plane, so many people commented that they didn't even know that there was a kid close by. He was so happy, and would excitedly exclaim a few times, but there was no whining, or any obnoxious kid crap. The flight was even during the time when he usually takes a little rest, so he asked if he could lay on my lap and snuggle with me for a good portion of the flight.

After we landed, the flight was pretty empty, so I decided to ask if he could take a picture with the pilot. Not only did the pilot say that it was ok, but he asked Hazen to come sit with him in the cockpit! I was so surprised, because I thought that was a definite no-no now! Hazen went to touch a few buttons, and when I quickly exclaimed that he needed not to do that, the pilot assured me that he was ok, and that he could touch whatever he wanted. It was really neat! Needless to say, getting to "fly the plane" is something that Hazen is still talking about now!





0 comments: