Sunday, October 30, 2011

Food Tour 2011

Now, I don't know if you recall, but when I went to Seattle last year, we dubbed it "Food Tour 2010". Well, this year put last year to shame. We literally ate everything in sight for 5 days, and it.was.awesome. From the book that Ashley had sent me before the trip, I had highlighted and bookmarked several places that I had wanted to go, and go we did!

Wednesday: We flew in, and started with a late lunch at a Pizza place that had fancy pants Pizzas. We were there for Happy Hour, which was good, because I would have been really annoyed if we paid as much as we would have had to if we went during regular hours. The best Pizza that we had was the Truffle Pizza. YUM! After, we headed over to a doughnut place that we had seen, and then I ran quickly over to pick up some cupcakes for later. They had unique flavors like Lavender, and Tomato Soup, and Sweet Potato Pie, and they were much different than the cupcakes that they have everywhere in Utah, because they weren't so sweet. Probably not something I'd eat daily, but good nonetheless! After, we drove to Issaquah to Ashley and Doug's gorgeous house, and got settled in. That night, we had some Thai food for dinner, and it was really good! I got in trouble for not ordering enough, but I definitely redeemed myself later on down the road.

Thursday: We got up and went to Crossfit that morning, so we just had a really light breakfast. Then, for lunch, we went to Whole Foods and sampled a plethora of the delicious foods that they have to offer there. We also bought $30 worth of salt. What, is that weird? Next, we met up with Ashley and headed over to Pike's Place. We bought a few chocolates at a fancy chocolate shop, and then went to do the whole tasting experience at Pike's. It did not disappoint, and was both delicious and beautiful all at once! I bought some truffle oil and also some specialty balsamic vinegars that are seriously out of this world. I also went to a cheesecake place and bought a bunch of cheesecakes that we ate later that night. Also delicious!! For dinner, we picked Doug up from work, and headed over to Ezell's chicken, and got a huge bucket of fried chicken. It was legit! Hazen just really enjoyed being able to gnaw chicken from the bone, and the boys were happy that they were getting enough to eat.

Friday: We started the day by kind of doing our own thing for a while. The boys and I went out for a lighter lunch at Panera, and also went and looked at model homes for fun. I LOVE doing that. It seriously never gets old. That night, we got a babysitter for the kids, and headed out for an AMAZING Italian dinner. We didn't get any pictures, I think because we were too busy stuffing our face with food. We got the Chef's menu, which meant that we got to have AS MUCH AS WE WANTED of all of the food that we ordered. We got crab cakes, Lobster Carbonara, and Beef Medallions, to name a few. After we finished eating and eating and eating and eating, we pretty much needed to be rolled out of there. We all went to bed pretty early because we were feeling sick from how much we ate, but it was incredible!

Saturday: For lunch, the boys and I went to Paseo, which gets a post of its own. For dinner, Ashley and I went out in Seattle, and then went to Dillatente's for dessert where the Mocha Praline didn't disappoint, as per usual.
So, basically, it sounds slightly ridiculous to write a post completely about the food we shoved in our faces while we were on our vacation, but we enjoyed every minute spent together!

0 comments: