Monday, October 4, 2010

NCLEX

Taken about 15 minutes before I left to take my test.....

I graduated on a Wednesday night, and Thursday afternoon, I was scheduled to take the NCLEX. The NCLEX is the National test that one must take in order to become a Registered Nurse. The test is a computer adaptive test, meaning that if you answer a question correctly, the next question will be slightly harder, if you get it wrong, it will be slightly easier. There is a benchmark that you are expected to stay above in order to pass.

This.test.sucked. You can have a minimum of 75 questions, and a maximum of 265. Once I got to question 67, I sat back and thought, "If I get more than 75, I am going to die. THIS IS THE HARDEST TEST I HAVE EVER TAKEN!" Well, 75 came, and the test shut off! This is traditionally a good sign, or I really bad sign.

I had to wait a few days for DOPL to update their records, but I PASSED!!!! It is so surreal, but so amazing to think that I am now a Registered Nurse. I worked SO HARD for those two letters to go behind my name, and I couldn't be more proud!

As a side note, I randomly decided to cram some information about insulin peak times right before leaving to take the test. This, I have now realized was a GIANT piece of divine intervention, because I had 3 questions on that exact intervention. Consider me blessed!

0 comments: