Saturday, October 9, 2010

My 36 Hours in Seattle!


Have I mentioned lately how much I love Seattle? Because I do. A LOT. My wonderful, amazing friend (and former Med/Surg teacher), Jill, has an amazing job that allows her to travel a lot. Since she's traveling so much, she's gained a lot of frequent flying, so when she invited me to tag along to be her chauffeur for a quick trip to Seattle, I jumped at the chance! We were going to try to check out nursing schools in Seattle to see if we could get Hurst in the doors. It was a last minute trip, and we didn't quite know what to expect, but it was a ton of fun! One of the best parts of the trip? ASHLEY!! I've been so lucky to see Ashley four times this year, which is amazing for us, but still not near enough. After Jill and I got our work done on Monday, we met up with Ashley, and picked Doug up from work to head over to The Crab Pot on the Pier. WHAT A FEAST! I'm a huge fan of seafood in general, but having such delicious, fresh seafood is basically the best thing in the world! Ashley, Doug and I shared a meal that consisted of Mussels, Clams, Crab legs, shrimp, potatoes and corn. The waiter came and spread butcher paper on the table, and then dumped a GINORMOUS bowl of food on the table. We were even given wooden mallets to crack the crab legs open. So much fun!


When Jill and I weren't trying to find our way around the city, we were spending time with Bennett, who is delicious. Literally, look at that little boy. I nearly cried because I can't live closer to him. So, instead, I spent a good 45 minutes snuggling his little neck and giving him kisses and blowing raspberries all over him and letting him suck on my fingers. Pretty pathetic substitute though, I think. Man I love that baby. Jill and I were hopefully able to get some work done. If nothing else, I really enjoyed my 36 hours with great friends. I'm a lucky chick!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne I LOVE that picture of you and Bennett! You look GORGEOUS girl!