Monday, October 4, 2010

Graduation










































































Well, the day I never thought would come, came. Jason and I graduated from nursing school on September 22, 2010. What a wonderful day! Jason's parents and sister, Brenda were able to come out for our graduation, and my family was here, as well. It was a really nice day. I know that there were a lot of things about Ameritech that I hated, but at the end of the day, both Jason and I worked really, really hard, and this day was a celebration of that!


The graduation was composed of two parts; the pinning, and the actual commencement. Pinning was nice, we were able to take the nurse's oath, and do the candle lighting ceremony. It was a very surreal experience for me, but it was still nice. For the commencement, I was given a really nice surprise. I knew that I had missed the Dean's List, which was a GPA of 3.75 or higher by a little bit. It was frustrating because I got a lot of A-'s, which is weighted as a 3.70. When we were lining up for graduation, I was handed a blue cord, which was for the Dean's list honorable mention. Only one person made the Dean's list, and there were only 6 of us out of the entire class that were made the Dean's List honorable mention. I usually shy away from things that say "Honorable Mention", because in many ways I equate that with not being quite good enough, but not this. I worked HARD for that cord, and I'm going to be proud of it!

It felt good to walk and get my diploma, and I'm so happy to be done with school. At first I was really scared to move on to the next stage of my life, because for the longest time school was all I knew, but I'm READY now. We've both worked hard for this, now it's time to enjoy it!













3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet pics; I felt like I was there. Congrats Anne!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats on Graduating. Its a huge achievement and you should be very proud of all the hard work you have done.

Jessica said...

Anne! I was excited when I saw this! Totally impressed by you! Congratulations.