Friday, December 18, 2009

Thanksgiving




This year was the Hazen year for Thanksgiving, so Rob and his family made the trek out to Utah to enjoy the festivities. We had a great time with the whole family, and I learned that it's a lot more difficult to be spontaneous and fun when you're in school! On Sunday night, we had a Pasta party, so there were 4 different types of pasta for us all to enjoy. Monday brought FHE and a fun activity and some delicious stew. Tuesday night was a bummer, because Jason and I had to go to clinicals while everyone stayed and played. Tuesday afternoon, the siblings all made a trip to go see Grandma and say our goodbyes. Grandma took a turn for the worse over the weekend, and we were told that we would only have a short amount of time. I'm grateful that I had gone to her birthday party the week prior- she looked so beautiful, and it was a wonderful opportunity to really spend a few minutes with her before she deteriorated so much.

Wednesday night we had a Soup Party. Rob made the best French Onion soup I've ever had, and I made the Shrimp Bisque again. It was delicious! Thanksgiving was a ton of fun, and we had so much food! Jason and I made 3 types of stuffing and a Pistachio Torte, so we were able to contribute to the wonderful food!

I suppose that most of our time together revolved around food. I really love my family, and am so grateful for the relationships that we have. I miss Rob and Heidi and their families when they're not around, but I'm so happy that I can live so close to Heather and my parents. It was a great Holiday!





2 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

I like your sweater thing in the first picture. Pretty Pretty.

Alli said...

how fun! You're so lucky you got to be with your WHOLE family for thanksgiving! I wanted to be with your whole family...