Saturday, December 26, 2009

Goodbye, Grammie

So, my Grandma passed away on November 28. While I'm so sad, and will really miss her, she paid her dues here on earth for a LONG TIME before going back to be with Grandpa. If there was any positive of her passing, it was the ability that the whole family had to get together. All of my cousins, except Cousin Amy, who I haven't seen in AT LEAST 15 years (so hey, come to Utah!), were able to gather together the night before the funeral. I had clinicals, but I was able to stop by for a little while. It made me really sad that we don't spend more time together, because I truly enjoyed being able to chat with everyone. I know that Facebook has its flaws, but I'm so grateful that I've been able to really reconnect with the Cousins via the internet!

The next day, we traveled up to Ogden to go to the funeral. Grandma looked beautiful, and the service was really sweet. It was really wonderful seeing all of the people that came to celebrate her long, eventful life. After the burial, we all just HAPPENED to congregate at Farr's Ice Cream. There truly was no place more appropriate than there, as we all have so many memories of going to get Ice Cream with Grandma. It made me so happy to see the family all sharing laughter and memories, all while stealing bites of Ice Cream from one another's cones. A luncheon at Bill's community clubhouse rounded out a full day, and I fell into bed, ready for sleep, at 8:30 pm.

It's interesting how, in the weeks following, certain moments have caught me off guard, and I've found myself really missing Grandma. I've learned from her, for the good and the bad, and I'm grateful to come from a legacy of such strong women. Thanks Grandma, for teaching me to love bling, and that the world needs a little more spice.


















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Anne! Sorry to hear about your Grandma. I was just noticing as I was reading this post that that Farr's is the same one that my mother-in-law worked at in high school. I just went there with her for the first time over Thanksgiving break. Pretty cool little coincidence.

Ashley Clark said...

Your grandma was a pretty snazzy lady. It was so fun to see so many pictures of your family in this post. You all look so great! Your mom is especially stunning. This post made me realize how much I miss you all. Please give me a hug from me and tell them I say hello.