Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Log Haven







For my birthday date with Jason, we decided to get dressed up and head up Millcreek Canyon to Log Haven, a restaurant that came highly recommended by my parents. We knew it would probably be good, but didn't think it could possibly live up to the claims by my parents that it was "the best meal they'd ever had in a restaurant".

We were wrong. Everything about this restaurant was delicious and amazing. The ambiance, the "palate tantalizer", and every morsel of food that we put in our mouths. We started off with a palate tantalizer which was some sort of rice and cheese thing. I don't know, all I know was how it tasted, and it was incredible. For appetizers, we splurged, and got Lamb Lollipops, which was basically mini rack of lamb. I wanted to gnaw on the bone for the rest of the night- it was delicious! Jason and I each got salads. I got one with an Heirloom Tomato and homemade ricotta and pesto, and Jason got Heirloom lettuce, sauteed mushrooms, and a Truffle vinaigrette. Every bite was incredible. Have you ever wanted to cry because the food you were eating was so delicious? Oh, right...neither have I......

For our main courses, I had a Bison steak, and Jason had Pork. Time has caused me to forget the specifics of each dish, but they were incredible! For dessert, we had a little bit of heaven on a plate. It was dark, milk, and white chocolate yumminess with a Pomegranate sorbet on top, and Pomegranate reduction under. I DID cry over this course. Holy crap. Take me back to eat here. It's my love language!

It was so great to have an evening alone with Jason, and Hazen was great for the babysitter! We laughed a ton and enjoyed one another's company. I love birthdays!

7 comments:

Amanda Fetters said...

Two questions: one, how do you always manage to look so incredibly fab, and two, how do you get your bangs to stay like that without looking like plastic??

Natasha Ireland said...

You look gorgeous birthday girl. Glad your night was so amazing. :) Now I wanna try this place...I wanna cry over my dessert :) love that

heidiram said...

Oh, that's right. You missed that part of your childhood when we used to ALWAYS go to Sunday Brunch at Log Haven. I still dream about Log Haven after all those years.

Alli said...

your shirt is so cute!

Papa Nacho said...

Anne

Heidi forgot to tell you we always rode our horses up the canyon after we got out of our jet that landed at SLC airport.

Why doesn't she try to move on and not make you feel soooo bad for all the things you missed?

Oh well ... it is a good time for you to catch up!

Padre

Nortorious said...

You are the grand master of self portaits. Do you have to take a million to get one that doesn't look like you took it yourself?

April said...

Gald that you had such a great birthday. Happy Happy! I love October Birthdays.