Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's

It's a new year. I've been thinking these past couple of days about "resolutions", and what I hope to accomplish in 2009. First, some reflection. 2008 was a very good year to us. As I've been working on my blog book, I'm astounded by all of the many blessings that we were given in 2008. Looking back, it's hard to remember the "hard" things, because they are so outshined by the beauty in my life. As 2009 begins, it's so crazy for me to think that it's the 3rd year in which I've been a mother. (Not full year, but I began be tenure as a mom in 2007, so you get the rest). There is nothing that I've ever enjoyed more. Each night, before I go to bed, I find myself looking at pictures of my dear, sweet, Hazen. How did I get blessed with such a treasure? He is the light of Jason and I's life. There are so many things that I want to accomplish in the upcoming months. For lack of a better mode, I'll list them:

-I've lost nearly 20 lbs since November (go me!), I would like to have lost an additional 10 by the end of February. So doable! Not the end of my goal, but baby steps, right?

-I want to take Hazen to do one NEW thing outside of the house every other week. This will take some planning and creativity on my part, and I'm open to suggestions from everyone.

-I will prepare 4 creative meals a week. I'm pretty close to this one, but sometimes I get lazy.

-I am starting nursing school in roughly 5 weeks. Can you believe it? I don't think I've outed this on my blog yet, but yeah, it's true! I know it will be hard, but I also know that I'm capable. I want to excell and push myself, all while letting Hazen know the reason I'm doing this: for him. He deserves to have a well-educated mother, and let's face it, should something happen to Jason, I don't have a back-up plan. This is it. Get ready!

-I haven't visit taught in years. I will go at least 5 times this year. (yeah, I know, it's not perfection, but once again, we must start somewhere, right?)

-I want to run a 1/2 marathon by the end of the summer. I'll be pushing myself mentally, so I need to also push myself physically. I KNOW I can do it.

-By the summer, I WILL find a voice teacher, and begin taking lessons at least twice a month. I was once a very talented singer, and I will get that back again if it kills me.

There are so many things that I'm capable of. I'm a smart, fun, kind woman who literally has limitless possibilities. I've been given so many gifts in my life, I need to magnify what I have, and obtain new talents and bless others in the mean time. What are YOU going to become better this year?

4 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

Wow just reading that inspired me!!! I know you will do all those things. Congrats on the weight loss too!!! That must feel great.

Unknown said...

This is incredible. You are very inspiring!

Good luck with so many things. School, running, singing, weight loss.

I'm so astounded!

Wendy said...

You've lost 20 pounds that fast?! What are your secrets? Spill!!

For one of the new things you are going to do with Hazen each week you should come over and visit me and Clara!

Sarah said...

Congrats on losing 20 pounds! That's really great!! (That's a whole "Logan!") Also with the half marathon- you can totally do it! I highly recommend picking and signing up for one as soon as you can. It will help keep you motivated. Active.com is a great website for references and ideas, guides and schedules, etc. School- amazing!!! You will do great! Good luck this year! I sincerely hope you reach every one of your goals, as they are wonderful, realistic, and empowering!