Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Most Rockin' Party There Ever Was!




For New Year's, Aubrey and I decided to throw a party. Growing up, my family always had a fondue dinner for New Year's. 2 years ago Jason and I had our own little party, and last year I missed the tradition. This year though, I knocked the socks off of all fondue in years past, and had the party to top all parties. We decorated the table cute, and had a cheese fondue that was delicious made with Swiss, Gruyere, Irish Cheddar, and some stinky cheese. For the cheese fondue, I served bread, boiled potatoes, mushrooms, steamed cauliflower and carrots, and baby gherkin pickles. (Also tradition). Our next course included 2 different meat fondues; an oil based one, and a white wine fondue. Amazing! We had steak, pork, and chicken, and served a peanut sauce, creamed horseradish, and Honey Mustard for dipping. To top off the food, we had two types of chocolate fondues; a white chocolate and a milk chocolate served with cheesecake, rice krispies, fruit and it was fabulous!


After stuffing ourselves silly, we played a few games, and generally enjoyed one another's company. Attending were Aubrey and Jason Robison, Kirsten and Josh Krason, Emily, Andy, and Zoe Malzer, and Natalie and her "friend" Greg. We had such a great time, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! All in all, the evening was a LOT of work, but so worth it. I can't wait until next year's party!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That fondue sounds amazing! Will you make it for me sometime? And I love your color scheme for your decor.

Maren and Blake said...

How do you know Kirsten & Josh? I assume from USU. I love those two. Just curious, where do you get your cheese fondue? I would love to throw a fondue party, it looks like so much fun.

Aubrey said...

MMM, fondue.

Why does my husband look like that in every photo? seriously, an he not just look at the camera with a normal face?

Kirsten Krason said...

You throw the best parties! Can't wait for the next one. (It's a good thing you had it the week that you did). This week I can not eat anything.

Gabriella said...

How fun! Next year I'd like to come. Oh, and by the way, you look amazing!

Kim said...

Hey Anne--it's Kim Hatch! Found your blog randomly and wanted to say hi! If you'd like an invite to mine, email me at klucherini@gmail.com. How fun it is to catch up on your life!

queenieweenie said...

uh...YUM! What a fun New Years.

weeze or Alissa said...

yea love the party...you all know how to throw a shin-dig!