Monday, September 3, 2007

Quick Update!


Here are the two most irresistable men/boys in the world. Add my dad in the mix, and you've got the three men I love most in the planet. Jason is very funny. Everytime we go to the NICU, we moment we walk in the doors, he gets very drowsy. Sit him down, and BAM, he's out like a light! It's really quite funny- the nurses and doctors get a little confused, but hey, he works so hard for his little family, that I'm totally ok with him conking out whenever. Especially when him and The Boy are napping together!!

So, I realize that I've promised everyone an update on HAL.

Poop: After 8 DAYS of no poop, he's finally moving again. In fact, tonight, whilst giving him a cotton-ball bath, he both peed and pooped on me. Good boy!! So, on Tuesday, they're doing an Upper GI Track test to see if there was a reason why nothing was moving. This is a great thing, because it means that his abdomen isn't as distended, and he'll be able to get the whole breathing thing back on track. Yay!

Lungs: He's been re-intubated, and is back on a ventilator. The Number 1 reason is because his belly was so full of air and gas that it was pushing up on his diaphragm, and he wasn't able to get good breaths. They're planning on taking him off of the vent either tomorrow or Tuesday. Once they take him off of the vent, they're going to push forward on getting him to do feedings. (Speaking of feedings, I've had lots of people ask me about my freezer and if it's still that full. People, that was only 5 days worth, pictures will be following hence forth to show you what it's REALLY like. Yowza!)

Doctors: We had a meeting with a genetisist (or however the crap you spell it), and she was able to assure us that he doesn't have any "syndromes". This is a good thing. She seemed to be pretty upbeat about his prognosis, and his overall well-being.

MRI: They still haven't done it. Since they had to put him back on the ventilator, they can't do it as long as he's on it. They are planning on Wednesday though. Don't get too excited though, because there are a bunch of people who have to read it, so I'm not thinking we'll get anything as far as results go until next Monday.

He is beautiful, and wonderful, and smart (I'm sure), and adorable, and my perfect, sweet baby. He's opening his eyes a lot more now, and has learned a new trick. Any time that he knows that I'm going home, he immediately opens his eyes, because he KNOWS his mama can't walk away from those Mad Eye Moody baby blues. I went to the hospital today and read books to him. It was really fun. He was being very responsive, and then would drift off to sleep. Man, I love this kid.

15 comments:

paige said...

Nothing like putting up a post past midnight...especially when you are deprived of sleep anyway. :) I am so glad you did, it sounds like things are going better than worse! That is such a cute picture of Jason...nothing is cuter than Dad's sleeping with their babies...that sounded wrong but you know that I mean it in the totally inncocent & precious way. :) Pictures of him on the websiteare awesome, too. Nothing cuter than teeny toes & lucious little lips!

Heather said...

So how does Hal like Eclipse?

Celia Fae said...

Thanks for the update. You might want to look into a pee pee tee pee.

Paige said...

yay for the poop and pee! Hopefully he'll barf on you soon so you can be fully baptized as a real mama. Thank you for the update! It's all we talk about at the daily Greenbaum blog huddle in the spa. All the sisters were there today as it was Ellie's last day and we missed you guys.

Nortorious said...

Way to poop and stuff baby! Isn't it incredible how obsessed you get over something as seemingly simple as poop? My friend alex just wrote a whole blog about poop. One time my baby went 14 days without pooping. It was all I could think about.
Where does Hal live? I want to come visit him in the NICU. Hope the tests go well.

Stephanie said...

I'm so happy he's doing better! I love the pictures. He is adorable. And good for you for reading to him. What a great mom...

Julie said...

Oh Anne, great to hear such wonderful news about your boy!

Janet Lee said...

YEAH FOR POOP!!! I think that is the first time in my life I've been excited for it. And if I ever have kids (which I hope I do) it probably won't be the last. Thanks, Anne, for the update. I've been so worried about my newest nephew. I have so many people praying or sending good thoughts (depending on their religious affiliation) for Hazen. I so wish I could be there to hold the little guy. Love ya!

Hazen5 said...

Yay for Hal! He should have gone to Mexico with us, he would have had no trouble pooping! Thanks to good ol' Montezuma's Revenge!

Sarah said...

Hey! Will you let me know when you box arrives? Your address was written wierd on the shipment thing and I want to make sure it gets to you! I hope you guys are doing well! I will be blogging today, just so ya know!

EDEN said...

JAS AND ANNE
WE ARE GLADE TO HEAR THAT HE IS DOING BETTER RIGHT NOW. WE ARE ALL VERY EXCITED TO MEET YOUR LITTLE BOY. YOU THREE ARE IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.
LOVE AUNT PAM, UNLCE DAVE AND ALL THE KIDS AND GRANDKIDS

Unknown said...

So, I'm hoping that Sunday was a good day???? Ready to break the cycle?

cait said...

YAY!!! it sounds like he is doing well! I want to see you soon!

Alli said...

you sound great anne. that is so cute that you read books to him. i loved all the pictures on that website. he looks absolutely adorable! i can't wait to see him in real life.

Dallas and Krista said...

Hooray for the little man. Sounds like he is doing so good. Pooping is not always an easy thing...