Thursday, September 6, 2007

Look Ma, No Oxygen!

Ok, so that's actually a little bit outdated, but oh well. Oh Tuesday, he was put completely on Room Air! He was breathing just like you or me!! However, Wednesday morning, he had to be put back on the Cannula, but that's actually not a big deal at all. Babies can get sent home on a cannula. Now, please make sure you were paying attention: I didn't say he was getting sent home, but he's improving exponentially respiratory-wise! Yay!! Keep those prayers coming.
In other news: THE MRI. We got the results back this morning, and it was completely normal!!!! Now, this doesn't mean that some problems won't show up later down the road, but for the most part, we're out of the woods as far as severe brain damage goes!! I can't tell you how blessed we feel. There have been so many that have prayed, fasted, and cared for us. Hazen is so lucky to come into this world with so many people concerned about him. I, as his mother feel truly honored to be able to be the mommy to such a special soul!

So, here's to continued improvement!

19 comments:

Fact:Bears eat beets said...

Good to hear. I wouldn't recommend drinking Cannola very long though.

Kirsten Krason said...

Hey Anne! It seems like he's doing better. Slowly but surely. It will be a great day when you can bring him home. So I started a blog www.kirstenjosh.blogspot.com. I just started it so it's not cool yet. But check it out when you have time! I will keep praying for you.

Abby said...

Hey--I'm glad you "came out" to me--I had a good read and got updated on your sweet little one--he is beautiful and that is happy news! I wish you luck, and now I will have to come check in to see how he's doing!

Ali said...

I am shouting with joy. Great news, I know you have more hurdles ahead, but I hope they are mini ones. He is adorable (you will never grow tired of hearing that!)

Cookie55 said...

YEAH! Hopefully you'll be able to take him home soon. I'm so excited to meet him!

Paige said...

I am so happy! We Greenbaums have been dying for the results. It's seriously a miracle after all that baby has been through (and you)! Hooray for real air- I must call Celia and give her the update in Utah because she is freaking out not knowing what's up with HAL.

Hazen5 said...

"HALlelujah!!!!!!" Get it, HAL-lelujah. I just couldn't resist. I'm so glad HAL is getting stronger.

Jessica said...

That is so thrilling. I got all choked up and I don't even know you! Thanks for the uplifting early morning read!

mamasuisse said...

Anne, I've been checking your blog every day for an update on the MRI results. I'm so happy for you guys! We'll keep praying for you.

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

Way to go HAL!

Thanks for the update Anne.

Unknown said...

Oh look - he has red hair - you have a chance to be in the will. Heather was always a shoe-in, and the rest of us swore our babies had tints of strawberry blond or auburn in their locks.

have a great week.

Ashley Clark said...

Yeah for Hal! And yeah for great parents to help him through this all. He'll be home before you know it. And tomorrow is his 1-month birthday! Any plans?

Paige said...

HA HA HA HA! Your ladies have the best names!

neffgang said...

Anne,

I can't tell you how great it is to hear things are improving. I love reading your blog and experiencing your faith and courage. As an outsider in your world, it's really amazing to see the strength you and your husband show as you hold tightly to your faith and your love for this chosen little soul. I really believe that in a time not so far before this, the three of you gathered and made covenants together that you'd do whatever it takes for each other when you came to this earth.

Keep it up. We're big big fans!

- Brian & Stephanie

Brie said...

That's awesome! I'm glad he's improving!

Alli said...

yeah!!!!!!! he is so adorable.

Julie said...

Keep the good news coming Lee's!

Liz said...

I'm so glad that the MRI came out normal!!! We're still praying for you guys all the time.

Sarah said...

He. Is. Precious.


Seriously, what a CUTE kid! And you are looking great too! A lot less swollen than the last few pics you have put up... good job mama!