Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!












Merry Christmas, indeed! Honestly, the biggest gift that I could have been given was to be able to spend time with my family on Christmas, and that's precisely what I got. Hazen was so cute and excited when he woke up, and saw that Santa had brought him EXACTLY what he had asked for! Imagine that! We opened gifts slowly, and then had a light breakfast before getting ready to go to church. It was an absolutely beautiful day, with clear skies and no snow anywhere to be seen! After church, we got ready to head over to Wade and Jenny's house for more Christmas festivities. My parents were with Heidi and her family in Florida, and Heather had gotten back from a vacation the day before, so we wanted to let them have a chance to have a holiday without all of us crashing on their front door. So, Wade and Jenny were kind enough to have us over. It's pretty much like we were with family, anyway, and I am SO GLAD that we spent the day with them. Like I've said a million times before, Hazen LOVES Wade's kids, and we couldn't pry them away from each other after the moment that we walked in the front door. Jenny made an absolutely delicious meal, and I brought a few things as sides. After we stuffed ourselves, the kids went down to the basement to continue to play with their toys, and the adults played a few games. I don't think it's good form to pee your pants from laughing on Christmas Day, but I almost did! We had such a great time, and look forward to the next holiday that we'll be spending with our second family!