Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hazen's Christmas Program









This is a sad story of a mom who was over-worked and over-tired one December day. I had worked the night before, and specifically set my alarm for 12:30pm, so that we would be able to get to Hazen's Christmas program at 1:00pm that day. You know, 1:00pm, because that's what time he goes to school, so obviously he would have his program at that time, right? I woke up at 12:20, in a PANIC, because I couldn't remember where I had actually seen that the time of the program was 1:00pm. After running out of the room like a bat out of hell, I tore apart every piece of paper I could find, only to see that no, the magical 1:00pm time was something that I must have just made up. I started bawling as Jason got Hazen ready for the program in hopes that we might make PART of it. Sure enough, though, as we pulled up, there were kids galore walking out to their cars. We decided to go into the building, just to see if we could save ANY part of the day, and his teachers were there, wondering where their Hazen had been! Amidst non-stop tears on my part, I learned that there actually WAS another program that started at 1:00pm, and while his teachers were technically done for the day since they didn't have any classes that would be going at that time, they would stay and sit with him for the program! He was the most special kid around- getting the attention of both of his teachers, when I'm sure that they would have preferred getting their things together so they could go home! So, he got the best seat in the house, and as he started singing the opening song, I of course started bawling again. I am so grateful that we have so many wonderful people in our lives that will help us out, because believe me, if it were only up to me, things would fall through the cracks all too often. Hazen is a lucky boy to have so many people who love him, and of course, he was the most darling boy in the show by far!

0 comments: