Sunday, May 15, 2011

NICU Reunion 2011

So, unfortunately, we missed last year's NICU reunion, so we made a special plan to go this year. Instead of having it at the hospital like they have in years past, they held it at a park not too far away. The weather was lovely, which was nice, because Utah pretty much had a 9 month winter. When we pulled up, it was a huge ordeal! There were bounce houses, and tons of tents set up with games and prizes, so they definitely went out of their way to make things nice. The disappointing thing? The lack of NICU staff that were present. Now, I don't mean to sound rude, but if I'm going to go hang out somewhere for the afternoon, I'm not going to see other families who have had preemie babies, I want to see the wonderful people who made my little darling the healthy little buddy he is today. So, I was bummed because we didn't see one nurse or Dr that we know.

However, as I'm apt to do, it was a great opportunity for me to reflect on my little boy who has overcome so many odds. There is literally not a day that goes by when I don't stop and stare at him and seriously marvel at how grateful I am to have him. I love my Hazen more than anything in the entire planet, and I would and will do anything for him forever. I hope he has even a smidgen of understanding of how much I love him, because if he does, then he will realize that I truly believe he can be, do and accomplish anything he sets his mind to. It's been so much fun watching him grow up so much the past few months. He's such a big boy, and I can't believe how much time has flown. In only a few months, my baby will be 4! I always ask him if he will stay my little tiny baby forever, to which he responds, "No, I not. I'm bigger and bigger. But not big like Daddy. But I still wub you, Mom".

Hazen boy, you keep on growing bigger and bigger. And you better not ever get big like Daddy, or else it will be awfully hard to hold you. Mama loves you big much, bigger than the ocean, and bigger than all the trees. And of course, bigger than all the giraffes at the zoo.

0 comments: