Monday, May 9, 2011

California: Part Five













May 7- This morning, we all loaded in the car, and decided instead of going to the beach, we would just drive straight to Vegas. Luckily, this car ride was really painless as well. I think, in hindsight, nothing could ever be so bad as the first long ride, so everything else looked great! We got to Vegas and took the kids to the pool for a little bit, but it was WINDY. Since Hazen pretty much was obsessed with Wade's kids, we decided to let Devon babysit again, and ordered them pizza while we went to the Paris buffet for dinner. I mean, let's be honest, do we really need to pay $15/kid for them to not even really eat what was offered? Heck no! The adults had a great time. It was really nice to have Devon there with us, because he could give us some adult time so it didn't feel like we were just entertaining little kids for a week straight.

May 8- As all things must, this trip had to come to an end. It was Mother's Day, so my only real request was to go to Hash House A-Go-go for breakfast. I knew that it would be the type of place that Jason would LOVE! The wait was about 30 minutes, but that's better than the hour and a half wait that it was by the time we left. I didn't get any pictures, unfortunately, but know this; the food rocked. After that, it was time to get in the car and drive home. As we drove more north, the weather proceeded to get crappier and crappier, so we were happy to have had several days of beautiful weather! So, what did I learn from this trip? Vacations with anyone other than just you and your spouse are HARD WORK. There requires a lot of planning, and flexibility, but in the end it is SO worth it. We've been home for almost 2 months, and Hazen still asks us on a daily basis if we can go on vacation again. He talks about it all the time, and knowing how much he loved it makes it even more worth it. The Olsens were the PERFECT vacation buddies, because they are super chill, and I love the kids. There was never a time when I thought, "Crap, I wish we would have gone on the trip by ourselves....". It was seriously great. 10 days was a little long, but I think it's mainly because I thrive on a schedule, and by the end I was actually really anxious to get back to work and NOT eating out! Jason and I are actively saving for our next vacation, which involves a little car trip to go see a girl that I might not ACTUALLY be related to, but is still my sister....(hint, hint, Ashley....)

All in all, a great time, a great trip, and a great success! I can't wait for our next trip!









0 comments: