Saturday, May 7, 2011

California: Part Four









May 5- I am a firm believer that Day 2 of anything is always the hardest day. Day 2 of a diet sucks, Day 2 of 3 working is always hard, and Day 2 of Disneyland wasn't exactly the easiest thing in the world. To be fair, for the most part, everything was great, and the kids were doing awesome until about 3 pm, when we realized that we hadn't fed Hazen an actual lunch. Most of us were doing just fine, because we had so many snacks, but little buddy wasn't exactly chomping on the snacks like the rest of us were. So, needless to say, both of our blood sugars tanked at about the same time, and let me tell you, it was a match made in heaven. After we got him fed with some "real" food (yogurt, cheese, apple slices), life was grand again. We were ready to hit the park for the rest of the night until closing. After the park closed, my friend Cheryl, who I went to Nauvoo with, drove down to Anaheim with her cute husband, Kyle. The 5 of us went
to The Cheesecake Factory. My poor, sweet baby was so tired, he didn't know what to do with himself, so he did what any other cute kid would do; he slept. He full on sprawled out on the booth that we had with his head in Jason's lap, and his legs in mine, and snoozed the entire time we were eating. After we had enjoyed our meal, I went to pick him up, wherein I learned that he was sleeping so soundly that he had wet his pants! Needless to say, I held him the drive back to the hotel instead of putting him on Cheryl and Kyle's new car seat! After a quick bath back at the hotel, he was out again for the night.




May 6- Our third day at Disneyland! We decided to hit up our favorite rides one last time, as by this time we had been to and seen almost everything. We went for a few hours in the morning and early afternoon, and then headed back to the hotel to take a much needed nap for a few hours before going back to close the park down. For dinner we all went to Outback, which was delish, as per usual. I'd have to say that the last night in the park was hands down my favorite park of the entire vacation. We went to some rides together, and then decided to split up so Wade, Jenny and the kids could go on some of the bigger rides while we let Haz choose whatever ride he so desired. We watched the Fireworks together, and then we went on the carousel, Small World, and the Dumbo ride. I don't know that I've ever seen Hazen so happy! It was truly a magical experience just having him hold my hand and give me frequent hugs because he was just so ecstatic, and he didn't know how else to express it. As the park was closing, we told him that he could pick out any toy that he wanted. Knowing that stuffed animals are his love language, we went to a store that had an ample array of stuffed animals, and he immediately saw a Mickey that he fell in love with. He was so happy, and couldn't stop hugging and kissing his new Mickey. Being the sucker that I am, I told him he could pick out another toy if he wanted, to which he responded, "No Mommy. I just want Mickey to take him home. I love him so much!" After we paid for his toy, he couldn't stop giggling, and looking up at me and saying, "Thank you so much for taking me to Disneywand, Mommy. I just wuv it so much!" The entire tram ride back to the car, he couldn't stop laughing and giggling, and giving me hugs because he was so excited. It definitely made every hour worked in order to afford the trip worthwhile.


















1 comments:

Emily said...

I promise I'm not just commenting because you asked me to! That picture of Pluto on the ground made me laugh so hard. What happened there? It looks like Hazen is so concerned which is so sweet.